Chapter Thirteen

//Author's Note: I know some will make comments that Valentine has changed in the comics however, let's stride away from the canon and say that Valentine hasn't changed in this story and is still extracting love from the hearts of ghouls.

Amara picked up her bag and bounced the casketball to Clawd. "Listen, it's been fun kicking your butt but I gotta get home, I promised my mom I'd be home before dark." she explained to Clawd and Romulus.
The werewolves nodded. "See you tomorrow Amara!" Clawd said as he went back to playing casketball with Romulus. 
"Have a good night Amara." Romulus told her as he chased after Clawd.

Amara smiled and giggled, watching the two act like children. She headed out of the school and walked into the parking lot, searching for her keys. She looked up and gasped. There was a handsome looking vampire leaning against her car.
He pulled his sunglasses off and winked at Amara. "Hello darlin', why aren't you just beautiful?" he greeted, speaking in an southern accent.
Amara blushed and smiled, flattered by his compliment. She fumbled around with her keys. "Um. . . Thank you sir."
"The name's Valentine." he purred and walked up to her. He placed his hand on her cheek. "My, my. . . I've never seen such beauty. What's your name sweetheart?"
Amara smiled more and looked up at him, her heart racing. She'd never been complimented on her looks before. She placed a hand over his. "It's Amara. . . It's nothing special. . ." she answered. 

Before her eyes, Valentine had created hearts within his hands and sent them to fly around Amara. She gasped in surprise and felt her chest warm up with glee. She batted her eyes and leaned forward. "Oh Valentine. . ." she swooned, her knees weak.
"Darling Amara, you are the sweetest girl I've ever met in my life." Valentine complimented, cupping her chin. 
The ghoul clasped her hands together and leaned forward, staring into Valentine's rose eyes.

She nearly fainted when Valentine planted a soft kiss on her forehead. "Now darlin', you must be tired. Why don't you head on home and we can get to know each other tomorrow?" he offered, smiling.
Amara immediately agreed and got into her car. She gave him a small wave and he returned the wave, giving her a wink.

Amara drove off and got home, still giddish about meeting such a romantic man. She laid in her bed and hugged her pillow, thinking of Valentine. During that night, she dreamed of Valentine. Clawd and Romulus hadn't once entered her mind since she met the handsome vampire Valentine. 

The next day at school, Clawd headed to Clawdeen and her friends. "Hey Clawdeen, have you seen Amara? She and I promised to practice before classes started." he asked her. 
Clawdeen shook her head. "Haven't seen her at all today." she answered. "She isn't at her locker?"
Clawd shook his head. "No, I've even checked in with Deuce, he hasn't seen her since they left for school this morning." he explained.
Frankie closed her locker and looked at Clawd, confused. "That's odd. She's never once missed school." she spoke. "There's got to be an explanation here." 

As if on cue, Amara walked by in a dreamlike state. She had this dreamy smile and hopelessly in love eyes. She held onto her books tightly and between her books and her chest was a rose bouquet. 
"Amara!" Clawd called out. He quickly stopped her and although she stopped, she didn't seem to snap out of her daydreaming state.
"What happened? We were supposed to practice casketball this morning." the werewolf asked, frowning. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't upset.
"Oh I'm sorry. . . I must've forgot. I've just been so busy with a new friend of mine." Amara hummed, smiling. 

The bell rang and Amara headed off to her classes, waving goodbye to Clawd.
Clawd frowned in sorrow as he watched his best friend completely ignore him.