Chapter Twenty

"What are you doing here?!"

The two both jolted away and looked over at the werewolf that interrupted them, slightly surprised and shocked.
"Oh, hey little wolf, Amara and I were just on a date. What about you?" Valentine questioned, his arm still wrapped around Amara.

Clawd gritted his teeth. "I'm not talking to you." he told off the vampire before sitting down across from them.
He scooted over and faced Amara directly. In his hand was her notebook, the same one she used to draw.

"Please Amara, Lagoona told me about you you feel." Clawd said to her. He slid over the notebook to Amara who stared down at it.

"That's sweet and all but her cousin Deuce already gave her a present today." Valentine spoke up, reaching his hand out to grab the notebook. "Besides, what kind of present is a wrinkled up notebook?"

His hand was almost immediately smacked away by Amara's as she grabbed the notebook. He seemed shocked by this and looked over at her.
Her eyes were filled with curiosity as she slowly opened the pages.

It was the notebook Cleo had knocked into the fountain. It was how she and Clawd met. The pages were dried and wrinkled now. The drawings were smugged and barely recognizable but there were some new ones that she, Clawd and Romulus had all drawn.

She smiled softly as the drawings brought back silly memories the three shared. She flipped to the last page and her eyes widened in surprise.

It was a simple, badly drawn heart with her and Clawd's initials written inside, a plus mark wedged between them. The page had faded away a bit in certain places, he must've tried erasing those areas.

Amara looked back up at the werewolf in disbelief, her cheeks bright pink. This. . . This couldn't be true? Could it?

Clawd chuckled nervously. He scratched the back of his neck. "I. . . I know it's all of a sudden but I've liked you for a while now. . ." he told her.
He reached his hand out and grabbed hers. He blushed and smiled at Amara. "Listen, I-I know I'm dating Draculaura but after meeting and getting to know you, I want to be with you." he confessed.

Amara smiled back and squeezed Clawd's hand. Just like that, Valentine's spell was shattered as Amara's heart was filled with true love.

Valentine watched the two in surprise and shock. His spell was shattered so easily, by the same dog who stopped him before. He shook his head, Amara still could be in love with him. He still had a chance.
"N-now Amara, he's already in love with someone. You can't love someone like that, he may leave you for another ghoul." he said. "I wouldn't do that do you darlin'."

"But you don't know him, you don't know me." Amara replied. She turned to Valentine and pressed her finger hard into his chest. "In fact, I don't know anything about you! You put me under your own spell to cheat your way! I'm sick of your twisted ways!"

The vampire flinched at her raising voice. He backed up and fell off the seat. He looked up at the ghoul.
"Listen darlin', I didn't mean to! I'm sorry!"

"If you ever come back here or near my friends, I'll make sure you regret it!" Amara told him off. She pointed to the restaurant entrance. "Now go!"

Valentine stumbled onto his feet and ran out the restaurant, crying out for his "mommy".

Amara watched the vampire run out before her body was washed over with a strong feeling of anxiety. She hadn't done such a loud or confident thing before and it all felt overwhelming to her.
She sat back down on the booth seat and sighed.

She flinched when she felt someone grab her hand. She looked across and saw Clawd.

"Hey, you did great. You showed him not to mess with us." he told her.

She smiled softly. "Thanks."