Chapter Nineteen

Lagoona had come up with a plan. Since Valentine refused to ever enter Monster High, he and Amara had always hung out at the mall. So, we had to catch the two when they were together outside. Spectra had overheard that Valentine was taking Amara out to the movies. Lagoona convinced Clawd, Deuce and Gil to talk about a restaurant for couples in the mall before school was out. Spectra took the bait and wrote a quick article about it. 

Ghoulia and I were stationed at the entrance to watch for the two. When we spot Amara and Valentine, I'd message Lagoona and Gil who would invite the two to a double date. 
While the four were at the restaurant, Cleo and Deuce would enter as if they were on their own date. Deuce would spot Amara and give her the box.

Frankie finished up writing in her journal and closed the book. She sighed and put in back in her bag. She was seating in the café with Ghoulia seated across from her. She looked at the entrance, watching monsters walk by. None were Valentine or Amara. 
She let out another heavy sigh as she checked the time on her iCoffin. "Where are those two? It's after school and this place should practically be a hot spot for couples!" she blurted out.

Ghoulia groaned out and continued to type into her computer.

"Yeah. . . I guess you're right, Spectra did post it just seconds before school was out." the stitched up monster replied as she rested her face on her hands. 

"Oh! There!" she perked up and got her iCoffin out. She watched Valentine and Amara walk past the two ghouls. She quickly typed up her message to Lagoona. "It's go time."

~•~

Lagoona read Frankie's message and slid her iCoffin into her pocket. She looked up at Gil and gripped his arm. "She's on her way. We can't mess this up Gil, Spectra told us Amara's heart is almost full with Valentine's foolish love." she told him.
He gulped and readjusted his jacket collar. "Jeez. . . Talk about some pressure." he mumbled out.

She patted his arm and gave him a smile. "You'll do great luv, no worries!" she reassured him. "Now, let's hurry before we miss our opportunity!"

The two saw Valentine and Amara walk past them and they quickly looked at each other before heading out after them. Lagoona cleared her throat. "Oh! Amara luv!" she called out, giving a big smile.
Amara looked behind her and saw Lagoona, her eyes dazed by Valentine's magic. "Oh hey Lagoona, sorry I can't hang out. Valentine's bringing me to this amazing movie." she told them. 

"Oh, Gil and I are headed our way to the new restaurant! I heard over Spectra's blog it was super romantic for couples!" Lagoona suggested. "Supposedly, couples who dine there are destined to have a future together for the rest of their lives and if you go on a double date, it doubles your chances!"

Amara's face changed as she gained interest. She stopped. "Really?" she questioned. The saltwater monster nodded. "Valentine, could we visit that restaurant? I'd love to try our chances." Amara asked him. 
Valentine only smirked as an idea formed in his mind. He cupped Amara's chin. "I suppose we could miss the movie to eat at this restaurant if it'll make your beautiful face smile." he charmed.
Amara giggled and smiled back, her cheeks flushing pink.

"Alright then, we'll join you. Thank you dearly for inviting us." he told Lagoona.

Lagoona nodded. "No problem mate." she replied. "Follow us, we've already got reserved a spot." she said.
She walked past the two, motioning the two to follow her. She pulled out her iCoffin and texted Cleo.

~•~

The four had sat down at a booth and had ordered their foods. Lagoona made sure she and Gil were facing the doors so they could see when Cleo and Deuce were coming. She hoped her plan would work, she didn't want to pull out their surprise last card. 

Amara clung to Valentine's arm, smiling dreamily, as he charmed her away. He slid his sunglasses on and checked her heart. It was just about full, he could soon add her to his new collection. 

Lagoona squeezed Gil's hand under the table as she grew nervous, who knows how long they had? Spectra only overheard Valentine say 'almost full' but that didn't give them any specific timer.
Gil squeezed back gently, reassuring her. He cleared his throat. "Um, Valentine, those are some great sunglasses. Where'd you get them?" he asked, to rid of the silence.

"Hm? Oh these? They're custom-made." the vampire explained. He looked over back at Amara, his glasses pushed down the bridge of his nose, and winked. "And I've placed a special order for you, darlin'. You said you needed new sunglasses, correct?"
Amara smiled and gasped. "Really? Thank you so much!" she replied, blushing. 

Lagoona saw Cleo and Deuce heading inside. She gently kicked Gil in the leg to alert him. She waved over to them and smiled. "Hey you two! Here to dine as well?" she called over.

Cleo smiled and pulled Deuce over. "Hey, so you four saw Spectra's article too. Deuce and I thought we'd check it out." she said. She elbowed Deuce and nodded to Amara. "Say Deuce, don't you have a gift for Amara?" 

"Oh, yeah. . . Here, I found some old stuff from our childhood, I thought I would give them to you." Deuce told his cousin, placing the box in front of her.

Amara seemed confused before opening the box. Inside she was blown away with childhood memories, some she had forgotten. She remembered her parents reading her to sleep, Deuce playing tag with her and the day she had gotten her pet. 
She smiled softly but this time it felt genuine. She wiped away a tear and looked up at Deuce. "Thank you, Deuce. I appreciate this." she said. 

Valentine's expression changed from smug to concerned. He wrapped an arm around Amara. "Now look what you've done, you've made my darlin' cry tears of joy." he said, putting on a fake smile.
Amara chuckled and cuddled up to Valentine. "Oh Valentine, stop it. . ." she replied. 

Lagoona bit the inside of her cheek. It didn't work, Amara's still stuck under his spell. She looked over at Deuce and Cleo. "How sweet of you Deuce! I bet Amara could tell us about her childhood later on, I'd love to hear more about you." she told Amara.

Cleo and Deuce exchanged frowns before excusing themselves to sit at their own table. Deuce's walk was sulking and his eyes were focused on the ground, he was defeated. Cleo looked back at Lagoona with a worried glance in which Lagoona gave a small nod.

Lagoona stood up and gave the two a smile. "Hang on, I need a quick little check up. I'll be right back." she said before stepping away from the table. She headed into the washroom and sighed. She pulled out her iCoffin and texted Cleo to meet her in the washroom.
The door opened a few minutes later and in walked Cleo. "I thought you said it would work, now my Deucey is all upset. I've never seen him so down and I've seen him lose a casketball game." 

The sea monster sighed. "Valentine must've gotten stronger. . ." she said. She glanced over at her iCoffin. "I think I need to call him."
"What? No, Draculaura's gonna be heartbroken." Cleo protested.
"I know but it's who Amara really likes. It's our last chance to break Valentine's spell." Lagoona replied.

With that, she dialed up their last resort. "Come on, we need you. . ." she mumbled under her breath. 

~•~

Amara sniffed the flowers Valentine had given her and smiled. She hadn't even noticed that Gil had gotten up to leave. All she could think of was Valentine as he brought their faces closer and closer in for a kiss. 

"What are you doing here?!"

Both of the two jolted backwards from the disturbance and looked over at the werewolf that had rudely interrupted the two.