Chapter Twelve

It had been a few days after Amara and Romulus had that small chat. She, Romulus and Clawd had gotten close despite how upset Clawdeen got. 
She had gotten a few warnings from Clawdeen but Romulus always assured her that the werewolf fashionista would get over it.

Amara finished putting her books away in her locker. As she turned around, she saw Romulus and Clawd heading over to her. She smiled dreamily as she was still in love with the both of them, she just couldn't pick one of them. However, Clawd was already dating Draculaura so sadly he was out of the question. 

But how could she not love the casketball star? He was into the things she was, they were best friends and knew so much about each other. He was funny, silly and goofy, he always made Amara laugh so hard her stomach would hurt for a good ten minutes. 
Not to mention, his looks. He was so good-looking in her eyes. His muscular build, his short brown hair and how he always wore jock-like outfits. But the real deal was his eyes. He had bright yellow eyes that made Amara weak in the knees.
But sadly he was already taken by Draculaura which meant he was a no-go. Then there was also the issue that he was also a bit slower when it came to romance and well, girl problems. He probably wouldn't pick up on girl things unless you told him. At least he was better than Heath.

Then there was Romulus. He stood a bit taller than Clawd and his fur was grey unlike Clawd's brown fur. His brown hair was well-kept and he had this bad boy look to his style. He was always so helping for Amara and made sure she was always happy. He had even invited her join him and his friends during lunch. He was overall just a supportive guy. But nothing about him really screamed out at her. He was just a good friend.
But he was single, that was a good thing. Maybe later on, she could see something in him. Then there was how nervous and timid he got. He presented himself as a bold guy but really, he was hesitant to make a move on her. Whenever he did, it was small like wrapping an arm around her.

She shook her head, snapping herself out of her dreamy state.
"Hey Amara, you ready to get your butt kicked at casketball?" Clawd questioned, a massive grin spreading from ear to ear on his face.
The two had made a bet earlier that day after Romulus made a comment on Amara's skills, saying that she may be better than Clawd. Clawd jokingly taken offense to this and challenged her to a casketball match. 
"Oh-ho, no way am I losing to a wolf cub!" Amara fought back, grinning back at Clawd.
"In your dreams!"
Clawd bounced the casketball at her and she immediately caught it. She stuck her tongue out and he replied with sticking his tongue back at her.

"I've never seen two people so close be so competitive." Romulus said, letting out a chuckle
Clawd and Amara stopped and looked at each other. They shared a smile and the three let out a laugh. The three headed over to the gymnasium, Clawd and Amara going back to throwing playful insults at each other.

Clawdeen growled and her ears lowered in anger. She had watched the scene from afar. She slammed her locker close. She heard a laugh and turned around, seeing Toralei Stripe amused. She huffed. "Move it Toralei, I ain't interested." she threatened.
"Oh but I was going to say that Amara just doesn't belong with your family of werewolves." Toralei commented. 
Clawdeen stopped in her tracks.
Toralei smirked and rested an arm on the werewolf's shoulder. She looked at Clawdeen. "I mean, just look at them. She doesn't fit in." she told Clawdeen.

Clawdeen glanced over at the three just before they turned the corner. She looked back at Toralei. "What do you want?" she asked.
"Oh it isn't what I want, it's what you want." Toralei purred. "I know that Valentine guy is back in business. He could make Amara fall in love with someone else entirely."
Clawdeen shook her head. "I am not letting that heart stealing jerk here again!" she told Toralei.
The werecat purred and placed her hands over her chest. "Oh, but Valentine is someone Amara would love. I mean, she wants someone romantic. I don't mean to ruffle your fur but Clawd and Romulus aren't the romantic types." 
She handed the werewolf a piece of paper with Valentine's number scribbled on it. "Just think about it and give him a call."
Toralei chuckled and left Clawdeen alone.

Clawdeen stared at the number. Valentine was the same guy who tried to stealing her best ghoulfriend's heart. He could make any ghoul fall in love with him. That included Amara. 
She sighed and dialed the number. 

"Hello Valentine, I heard you were back in business."