Chapter 10.

Do you remember at the begining of this story, the day Alex was jumping on Jessys bed? Desperate to wake her up? This day was kind of the same. Jessy was passed out of the sofa, Alex was crouched beside her, desperately trying to shake her awake. Her body was limp and cold, she wasn't dead not yet anyway. Alexs eyes were filling with tears, making his vision blurry, he wiped them quickly, reluctant to stop trying to shake her awake.

"Jessy, Jessy, please, wake up for me, please, nugget." He whispered, it was more of a prayer than anything else. Jack walked into the lounge, tears running down his face.

"The ambulance is gonna be here any minute" He hardly got it out, he was shaking so much. Seeing his precious little Jessy like this was terrifying him, he couldn't imagine how Alex would be feeling. He went and sat down Alexs side.

"Wake up, baby, please" He pleaded.

"Is the door open?" Alex asked, not taking his eyes away from the fragile body on the sofa.

"Yes." Jack whispered. "She's going to be okay"

Alex nodded. "She's a fighter"

Minutes later there was voices from the hall.

"Ambulance!" They called.

"In here!" Jacks voice cracked and Alex gripped Jessy hand, it was clammy and it made Alex feel awful.

Around 6 medics came running into the room in their green all in one suits, 2 carrying a stretcher. They shoved Jack out the way but Alex stayed put.

"I need you to move!" A bald man demanded.

"But, I- I need to stay with her!" He whimpered, he felt about as helpless as she looked.

"You need to move or I can't help her!"

He moved away from her slowly and sat himself on the opppsite sofa, his eyes still locked on her. A small woman with a blonde bob walked briskly into the middle of the lounge.

"Right now, can you please tell me what happened?" She said, her voice was high pitched and fast with a scouse accent. Alex opened his mouth to speak, but got distracted by the various tubes being put into Jessys arms.

"W-what are they doing?" He asked.

"Darling, I need you to concentrate" Her voice went straight through him. He watched as they put her onto a stretcher.

"Where are they taking her?" The panic in his voice was like one a 6 year old has when they lose their parents in a supermarket.

"The hospital, doll. Can you tell me what happened?" She sighed impaitently.

"I need to go with her!" He got up and followed the medics out of the door. The young woman turned to Jack, he started helplessy as he watched the last of the medics leave the room, he knew he'd have to explain. He sighed as he thought back to yesterday morning.

"Hey baby" He grinned as he wrapped Jessy in his arms. She looked up at him smiling.

"Today's the day"

Today was the day, it was the pre tour drink up. They always got really pissed 3 days before they started a tour, so wasted you'd need about a day and a half to recover.

"Who's house is it at?" Jessy had asked.

"Zacks summer house"

"I better get ready then"

"It's like 12 and the party starts at 5?" Jack questioned.

"I need to get ready!" She laughed and Jack kissed her gently. She pulled away.

"What was that for?" She asked. Jack grabbed her hands and their fingers interwined.

"We have 5 hours until Zacks party" He smiled, Jessy couldn't reply as Jack was already kissing her passionatly. Their hands were still clasped so she pushed his hands behind his back so she could take control. Jack smiled into the kiss as Jessy gently backed him towards the stairs.

"5 hours?" She asked, pulling herself away from him. He nodded. "About half an hour before Alex gets home" She said.

"Better hurry up then" Jack grinned, leading her up the stairs.

"You ready?!" Jack called up the stairs.

"Yeah!" She shouted running down into the lounge. "Lex, lets go!" she yelled. He grinned at her.

"Come on then!"

Jessy, Alex and Jack headed out of the front door and into Alexs car.

"Bagsy front!" Jack giggled as Jessy climed into the back seat.

20 minutes later they were out Zacks small cottage.

"Lets get this party started!" Alex had screamed as he ran up the path to the cottage.

It was 1am, Jessy was pushing through crowds of people to find Jack or Alex she just wanted to tell them she was going home, she was slightly drunk and felt so ill. She couldn't find any of them anywhere. Suddenly she bumped into Rian, his arm was slung around Cassadees shoulder.

"J-jack?!" She slurred slightly

"No, Rian" He laughed

"I mean, whe-ere is he?"

"Errm, I dunno?"

"Tell him or Lex I'm going home" She sighed.

"You can't go home, sleep in a spare room!" Rian said, it was more of a order than a sugestion. She nodded and stumbled off to the stairs. She climed them slowly and made her way to the spare bedroom at the end of the landing. She walked in and flicked on the light. It took her a while to take in what she saw, but when she did she could not believe it.

"THE FUCK, JACK?!" She had screamed. Jack jumped up instantly.

"Jessy, baby!"

She ran out of the room and back downstairs. Jack was on the bed dry humping that girl to within inches of her life. How could he do that, was she not giving him everything he wanted?

She headed into the kitchen where the first thing she saw was half a bottle of vodka, she necked it quickly. She just wanted to get so hammered she couldn't feel any more. She just kept drinking and drinking and drinking until the last thing she remembered was dancing up against some guy.

"Then the party cleared out about 5am and we found her passed out on the sofa, we didn't think it was bad at first til we realised she was barely breathing.." Jack finished.

"So she could have been out for atleast 4 hours?" The blonde woman asked.

Jack nodded, he felt tears threatening to spill over his cheeks, the one girl he had ever truly loved, he had probably already lost.