Chapter 3.

As Alex laid in bed that night he thought about Tay, he really did like her. She was everything he looked for in a girl, funny, beautiful, caring.

He rolled over onto his side a quietly sang Therapy to himself, careful not to wake Jessy. The walls in this house were thin and she was a ridiculously light sleeper. He had nothing to worry about really, Jessy was also lying awake thinking. Her mind was such a jumble at the moment. Her feelings for Jack, how she was mad with Alex for the off limits rule, how she was worried that is Alex got with Tay she'd take up all his time and he wouldn't have time for the annoying little sister. She sighed and turned herself over with such a force she hit her head on the wall.

"AH, SHIT!" She yelped clutching her head with no effort to keep quiet. She heard Alex laugh from the other side of the wall.

"Nugget, what are you doing?!"

"I rolled over and hit my head!" She said tapping her fingers against the wall, she knew Alex hated it.

"Stop tapping! Come here, I need to talk to you." He told her.

"Lex it's like 1am?!"

"We could carry on talking through the wall if you'd like?" He offered.

"1am!" She grumbled but got up out of bed into Alexs room anyway, she walked down the landing running her fingers along the wall. She stopped at Alexs big cream door and poked her head round. He was sat up in his bed, she walked in and went and sat at the bottom of it.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Nothing really" Alex grinned "Just.wanted to see how you were, we haven't had a proper chat in ages."

Jessy couldn't help but smile at her big brother, he was a massive softy.

"It's okay I guess. The usual."

"The usual?" Alex questioned. "You missing mum?"

"Is it bad I'm actually not?" Jessy grinned.

"Nah, I guess not" Alex winked.

Jessy had moved in with Alex after several arguments with her mum. She had claimed Jessy was "out of control" and had sent her to live with Alex like she thought he would disipline her. Jessy didn't mind getting shipped off to Alex, she missed him so much and he missed her too.

"How's your life then?" She said, swerving the convosation away from her.

"Pretty good, pretty good."

"What cha gonna do about the Tay situation?" She asked scooting up the bed so she could sit next to him, he moved over so there was room for her.

"Do you think I should ask her out?" He said doubtfully. Jessy bit her lip, Alex knew something was bothering her. "What is it, Jessy?"

"Nothing" She didn't even sound convincing to herself.

"Speak."

"If you got with Tay, would y-you still have time for me?" She said it so quietly Alex was surprised he heard it.

"Of course I'll always have time for you, you muppet!" Nudging her gently. "You're my number 1 girl."

Jessy grinned at him.

"Look at us being all soppy!" She laughed. Alex studied her carefully. Now it was Jessys turn to question.

"What you thinking about, Lex?" Alex wasn't like Jessy, he came straight out with what he wanted to say.

"How's your thingy?" He said amd.Jessy knew exactly what he.was talking about, he was talking about her self harm. She bent her head and turned away from him slightly.

"Talk to me, Nugget.." He said gently.

"It's fine." She said, voice cracking.

"Why did you do it?" This was the question Jessy hated, utterly despised. She avoided it in whatever way she could. But tonight, at 1:30 in the morning sitting in bed with her big brother having a heart to heart, she felt like she could talk about it.

"It was my way of dealing with things." She said, still not looking at Alex.

"Dealing with.. him?"

Him. 'Dealing with him.' Jessy hadn't heard Alex say his name since it happened.

"I miss him." Jessy could feel tears in her eyes, she looked up at Alex, he was already crying. He wrapped her into a bear hug. Jessy hadn't felt this safe and comforted for a long time.

"I miss him too." Alex whispered into her hair. After what seemed like years Jessy wiggled out of the embrace and wiped her face.

"I've snotted all over your teeshirt." She giggled.

"Ew you minger!" Alex teased her.

Jessy snuggled down to sleep, still in Alexs bed.

"Guess you're sleeping here then?" Alex poked her back.

"Yeah.." She mumbled.

Alex shook his head, but let her stay, he didn't mind sharing his bed with Jessy, it was like back when they were little. Alex laid down to sleep, just before he closed his eyes he brought his hand up to his mouth.and gently kissed the elegent rose tattoo.

"I love you, bro" He whispered.