Chapter 8.

"Wow, what the fuck.." Rian muttered.

"Did you have any idea though, seriously?" Alex asked. Rian shook his head.

"I really didn't, I'm kinda shocked to be honest, I didn't think Jessy would go behind your back like that"

"They're both devious fuckers" Alex sighed.

Alex had just spent the last hour explaining the Jessy and Jack situation. They were sitting on the back porch, watching the sunset, cute. Rian noticed that Alex kept running his fingers through his hair and he hadn't touched his beer.

"Has it bothered you that much?" Rian said carefully, not wanting Alex to explode on him.

"I'm kinda relieved actually.. she was so distant and just not interested, I thought she might be going into depression again..." His voice trailed off.

Rian didn't know what to say, all he could think of was "But she's not, so it's okay!" But he couldn't say that, it'd be majorly insensitive. A blind man could see how much Alex cared about Jessy.

Rian smiled, flashing his perfect white teeth.

"Try not to worry, dude.. now you've both shouted and verbally abused eachother you should probably just try and have a calm conversation with her.."

Alex grinned, he knew that Rian would know exactly what to say.

"Thanks, Ri. You've helped a lot" Rian shrugged Alexs compliment off.

"Ah, well, you know I'm always here for ya. Anyway, I'm gonna go for a leak then head off" He stood up and reached his hand out to pull Alex up. "Talk to her"

Alex nodded and pulled him into a bro hug.

Alex saw Rian out then headed up the stairs quietly. He stopped outside Jessys room for a moment to listen, he faintly heard her singing. He knocked on the door, but didn't walk in.

"Jessy?" He called out, he sounded unsure of himself.

"mmmhm"

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"mmmhm"

He sighed but pushed the door open, this was going to take a long time.

"I'm really sorry I got so angry at you, Jessy. But you shouldn't have gone behind my back like that.." He stopped, waiting for her response.

"mmmhm" She hadn't looked up at him.

"I don't know what else to say.." He muttered. He studied her carefully, she seemed to be okay, she had been crying, Alex could tell from the slight redness in her cheeks and her little snivelles every so often. His gut dropped, he had made his little sister cry. He had never felt so guilty in his life.

"I didn't mean to upset you" He whispered.

"I didn't mean to go behind your back"

"I didn't mean what I said about, you not being good enough for him"

"I didn't mean what I said about, Tay"

Alexed grinned.

"We sound like a cheesy love song" He laughed. Jessy looked up and smiled slightly.

"The type of shit you'd write" She teased.

Alex sat down on the bed next to her.

"Why can't I be with him?" Jessy asked. Alex searched his mind for a logical reason, something she'd understand. But he always came back to the same explanation, the only explanation.

"I don't want you to grow up" Alex said, biting his lip.

"I'm always going to be your little sister, Lex"

"Yes, MY. Mine. It's my job to look after you and spoil you, no one elses, I guess I'm just stubborn" He shrugged. Jessy didn't know what to say, she just hugged him tight. Alex knew he'd been forgiven.

"Can we just see?" She asked. "Just see how it goes? If it doesn't work, you can say I told you so, while I cry on your shoulder?"

"I don't know, Nugget."

She looked up at him with her best puppy dog eyes.

"Don't do that!" He playfully punched her shoulder. He suddenly remembered something. "Hey, have you packed for the tour next week?"

Jessy shook her head.

"No, not yet, have you?"

"Flyziks doing it for me" He grinned.

"Typical"

"You know I suck a packing" Alex moaned.

"Yeah, okay" Jessy laughed. "Get out, I'm tired"

Alex got up amd headed to the door.

"We're cool now?" He asked.

"We're always cool, you muppet"

Alex grinned, he was so glad this hadn't turned into a massive argument.. yet. He still had to have words with Jack.