Chapter 41: Anger of the Lightning King

The sky exploded in a flash of dark blue electricity. The wind began to stir and the ground below us rumbled. The remaining dragon in the air almost fell from the sky and the golden warriors below shivered in their armour.

Zeus looked down from where he had appeared. Electricity was crawling up his skin. I felt his anger burning from where I was standing. Reflamen growled at him and his spikes rose from his scales, making him look like a giant coloured porcupine.

“YOU REALLY HAVE OVER DONE IT THIS TIME!” he screamed, “I’M NOT PLAYING ANY MORE. YOU WILL DIE!”

My two flame blades burst into existence. Reflamen got down low, ready to charge.

“YOU KILLED MY PUPIL, DERRICK. THAT I COULD HAVE FORGIVEN, BUT DESTROY MY CASTLE AS WELL!” his rage dripped from his skin as the world shook.

He put his hands back, and the thrust them forward. A giant stream of electricity shot from his hands. I crossed my hands in front of me, creating an invisible shield as the electricity crashed into it. The ground around me incinerated and my dragon was thrown to one side. I caught myself with imagination.

Zeus was suddenly in front of me. He looked like an ethereal being by the amount of white light he was putting off. His gaze made me feel like I was a little kid next to a giant.

“You will die,” he said quietly, which was some how more frightening then before.

He swung his hand at me open handed. I ducked and was about to stab him with my swords when an invisible force hit me in the side. The ground hit me and I thought I felt my shoulder crack.

Groaning I got up to see Reflamen had attacked Zeus. Zeus ducked with ease under Reflamen’s stroke and the dragon was lifted up and thrown nearly a hundred metres away.

I healed myself from the many broken bones that I had and hardened my skin. This fight looked like it was going to be a lot harder then most. The two flame blades came to my hands once again as I stood up, looking at Zeus.

He stared back, and then suddenly we were eye to eye. This time I didn’t give him a chance to attack. I struck with my swords, flames coming from them. A blade shot from his arm and he blocked my attack, before retaliating at an extremely fast speed. My sword blocked it, before I used my imagination and transformed myself into a living fireball that hit the lightning king in the chest. He went flying backwards, landing on the ground about twenty metres away. Zeus got up and brushed himself off as if nothing had happened. My swords moved once again, blocking a blow from behind. My legs collapsed as Zeus hit the back of my knee. Something collided with my backside and I went head over heals, landing on my back.

Frustrated I turned myself into a mirage and sunk into the ground, just as a blade hit where my body had just been. I made my vision zoom out from my body so I could see what was happening.

Reflamen had leapt into the fray once again, and was busy smashing Zeus into the ground. The lighting king got free of the dragons grip and created a sword, before striking at the Reflamen’s head. The dragon moved at a ridiculous speed for his size and blocked the sword with his wing, before blasting Zeus into the ground with a burst of green energy.