Chapter 10: A Strange Sort of Training

The Shape Shifter suddenly moved, dodging a punch from Ares. He elbowed him in the stomach and Ares dropped to the ground, gasping.

"Hey Ares!" I said, "Stop, he's not going to hurt us."

Ares got his breath back and staggered to his feet. 

"What are you talking about?" snarled Ares, "He tried to kill us, and he broke my mace!"

The Shape Shifter rased his eyebrow. He put his hand out and the pieces of Ares' mace suddenly flew to his hand, reforming the weapon. He gripped it in his hand and gave it to Ares. 

"Here you go," he said, "Good as new."

Ares took the mace, staring at The Shape Shifter. He inspected it, looking for any deformities or errors in the creation. He took a swing and smiled.

"This is awesome!," he said, "It's like a brand new weapon, but it feels exactly the same! Thankyou! I won't have to kill you now!"

The Shape Shifter raised his eyebrow and looked over to me.

"Ares," I said, "The so called war God, creation of Zeus."

He nodded his head, "I expected him to be a better fighter."

"He is a good fighter, but maybe not the best at strategy," I replied.

The Shape Shifter nodded his head again, "Well that makes sense."

We were silent for a bit, watching Ares prance around with his new weapon.

"So," I said at last, "When do we start."

The Shape Shifter turned to me, "Tomorrow morning. For now you should rest."

"But..." I was about to argue.

"It's ten thirty," said The Shape Shifter, "And you've been awake since early this morning, you need some rest."

I gave up the arguement, just as I felt the wave of tiredness whash over me. I yawned.

"You know, you're probably right," I said.

A silent agreement passed between me and Reflamen. He opened his wing, allowing me to crawl inside. He was tired to, probably more tired then me, he had been doing most of the work. 

"Night," I said to the Shape Shifter, then closed my eyes, falling instantly asleep.

That morning I woke up to the loud noise of gongs banging together. Reflamen groaned and rose his head, lifting his wing in the process. It was surprisingly bright, and I squinted. I got up and walked out from under his wing. Looking up into the sky, I frowned. The sun was beating down on us, the heat warming me up. For some reason this felt weird, then I remebered we were in a cave. 

Looking around, I realised the floor was completely different as well. It was covered in lush green grass and there were emerald green trees scattered throughout the feild. At each end were two cliffs, leading into a cave entrance. 

There was and eagle flying above us, it cawed and suddenly swooped down, probably to catch some prey. Ares was in the middle of the field, swinging his mace at an imaginery opponent. I stretched and looked back up at the sky. 

'Maybe the Shape Shifter was able to open the roof of the cave to the sky,' I thought.

'Maybe,' replied Reflamen. 

The bird was up in the sky again, and was now flying towards us, a rabbit hanging limply in its talons. It lowered itself to the ground and put the rabbit down, before suddenly changing. In its place stood the Shape Shifter. He stretched and smiled at us.