Chapter 5: Across the Ocean

I woke up that morning early, earlier then I usually do. I got out of bed and dressed in some old clothes, put on some riding boots and grabbed the two sword that hung above my bed in a weapon rack. I strapped them to my side and walked out to see Rena making breakfast.

"Morning mum," I said.

She looked over to me and smiled when she saw the swords at my waist.

"Morning," she replied, "Good to see you up so early."

"I head a deadline," I shrugged.

Rena laughed, "Oh Derrick. I know you have been itching for another adventure."

I looked at her with surprise, "How did you know?"

"You go to the other world a lot, and you spend most of your time exploring," she said, "You've tasted adventure, and you want another one."

I smiled at that, "Well I guess I could have imaginered an adventure, but that just not as fun."

My mother sighed, "Well, I'm not going to try and stop you, but please do be careful."

"I'm always careful," I said. 

Rena rolled her eyes. With that I made my way to the door.

"Wait!" she called out, "Don't you want breackfast?"

"No, I'm alright, I'll just imaginere some food on the way!" I replied.

I opened the door and went outside to meet the cool morning air. I smiled as it brushed past my face and closed my eyes. I didn't imagine but I just stood, getting a fill of the morning air. Suddenly a huge gust hit me, almost knocking me over. I opened my eyes to see Reflamen. He had just come back from is morning hunt, his face was still covered in blood. 

'Hey,' I said, 'Ready for another adventure?'

'You know me,' replied Reflamen.

I laughed and climbed onto his back. I cast a spell around my legs, preventing them from getting scratched by Reflamen's scales. I had found out that if I ride Reflamen for to long without leg protection, I would get some massive scratches in my skin.

Reflamen took a mighty flap and we began to rise into the air. Reflamen started to speed up and soon we were flying high above the city. Reflamen glided for a bit, looking out for Ares. I sat back in the saddle and waited. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the wind kissing my face.

We were up there for ages until Reflamen spotted Ares waiting beside a tree in the school oval. He began to descend. We landed on the laun with a massive thud. Reflamen's feet went deep into the dirt. Ares walked over to us.

I nodded a greating to him. He nodded back.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Ready as ever," said Ares with a wild grin.

He jumped onto Reflamen's back with a single bound. Reflamen growled slightly but didn't do anything. It was an unsaid rule that you weren't allowed ride another's dragon without  permission. I was about to tell Ares about it but then I remebered, he thought himself as a god, he probably was used to getting his way.

'Ignore it for now,'  I said to Reflamen.

'I will, but I don't want him to jump on my back again without warning, especially when I'm not ready."

I nodded,'Okay, let's get going.'

Reflamen lifted himself into the air. When he was high enough he took a huge stroke of his wings and we launched forwards at a massive speed. I quickly reajusted but poor Ares was almost knocked off.

'Hey, watch it, you almost knocked Ares off,' I said.

Reflamen answered with a growl of amusment. I just sighed, Reflamen could act like a hatchling sometimes. Ares managed to get his balance and we flew off.

Before long Reflamen had made it over the see. I was keeping constent visual on the island, so I could tell Reflamen how to get there. 

'Do you think you should put something there, just to see if there are any traps or stuff,' said Reflamen after a while, 'We don't want to be caught by surprise.'

'Good idea,' I replied, 'Why didn't I think of that?'

I closed my eyes and focused on the island. The breeze that was sturing the through the leaves, the turtle sunbaking on the beach, the spotted leopard stumbling down the side of the volcano. I saw a snake curled up on a log, which crossed a small ravine that dipped far into the earth. 

I switched my vision to the one that told me wether or not evil was present or not. For some reason the whole island glowed red. Even the ground. I frowned, something must be stuffing with the vision, but that couldn't happen, I mean, this vision is my imagination. I tried to reimagine the vision, but the whole island still glowed red. I frowned.

I focused on the beach, near where the turtle was, and imagined a guy suddenly appearing. He was dressed head to toe with extremely strong armour and had a battle axe strapped to his back. He had a sword sheithed at his waist and a dagger on the other side. It was impossible to see his face.

The man instantly took out his battle axe. I had made him with a sixth sense to know when danger was around. The turtle lifted it's lazy head and looked at the man, glaring at him. The man stared at the turtle as well, suddenly he charged. The turtle moved, and the man was cut in half. The turtle was about a hundred metres away from where it had first been. It settled back down on the beach but the strange thing was, blood was surrounding it's shell.

I gasped and opened my eyes. Ares looked at me with suspicion.

"What was that?" he said.

I looked back at him, "I'm not to sure, just let me do something."

I closed my eyes and refocused on the turtle. It was asleep again, it's head resting on the heated sand. I imaginered another person. It was a girl this time, with the same abilities as the other man, but a lot faster. She had a bow on her back and a sword strapped to her waist. She had brown hair and brown eyes that suggested she knew how to fight.

The turtle raised its head again, looking towards the woman. She drew her bow and with a quickl flick of her wrist sent an arrow on it's way. The turtle dropped dead at her feet, an arrow sticking out of it's shell. I was shocked yet again, just a moment before the turtle had been lazily laying on the beach. The women looked around and drew another arrow from her quiver.

She made her way into the green forest. She had only gone a few steps when she suddenly launched and arrow. An ape like thing fell from a tree. It was grey, and had the basic limbs of and ape, but the eyes were red, and the fingers and toes were filled to the brim with claws, I counted nearly twenty on one hand. 

The woman turned around and launched another arrow, killing another ape, the the swarm came. Hundreds of apes suddenly appeared from nowhere and lept from the trees. She launched one more arrow, then the landed on her. I quickly pulled myself back to my body, and shivered. What was this island. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, new chapter. I hope you enjoyed. I'm getting right into the adventure here :) Vote and comment if you enjoyed. I'll publish another chapter soon. See Ya!

 Pennator^^