Chapter 20: The Dragon Haters

I woke up, feeling different. It was a strange feeling but a good feeling. My mind felt more open, like there was nothing there to stop me. I made a quick mental check, trying to see if the fire barrier around my mind was still there. It was. I took a breath and smiled, this felt like a day to be remembered. 

'Reflamen,' I said, stretching out to him.

'Here,' replied Reflamen, 'Finally woken up ha?' 

'Yeah,' I replied, stretching and yawning. 

I felt my imagination stur and suddenly my view was up above the house I was in, yet I was still seeing through my eyes in my bedroom. I blinked letting my vision go back to where it usually was. 

"Wow," I said, surprised.

'I know,' replied Reflamen with a smile, 'It seems the fight with Thor yesterday really opened up out minds. I felt just as refreshed as you are now. It's amazing. I can see for miles, mentally and physically. Right now, your mother is dropping of the kids to school.'

'Your right,' I said, letting go of my train of thought.

My mind expanded and I could suddenly see everything, for hundreds of miles, the lizard climbing up the wall, the prisoner in the forest, who had just escaped life imprisonment. I got up and refocused my vision to the hear and now. 

'I'll be back there in a sec,' said Reflamen, 'I just need to grab something to eat.'

'Don't take to long,' I said, 'We need to start on that project of Zeus's. Got any ideas?'

'Hundreds,' replied Reflamen.

I laughed and jumped out of bed. I quickly got dressed, and with a quick flick of my fingers made my bead. I walked out to the breakfast table, eager for the day to come. I ate breakfast then walked outside to the park, and sat down, waiting for Reflamen to get back.

I smiled as my mind began to wonder. I put out my hands and an ice storm suddenly started to swirl up. I grasped my hands together and the ice storm swirled into a single space. What was left was a humaniod looking being with a trident. It was made from swirling snow and ice, looking almost like a ghost. It tilted it's head at me. 

I smiled then pulled my hands back apart. The snow image exploded with snow and ice. I quickly cleared it up. Smiling I created something else. This time it was a normal man with glowing red eyed and a large sword. Occasionally fire flickered out from under his skin.

I frowned, trying to think, then recreated the snow being. I drew the two closer together until they touched and went into each other. They melded perfectly, creating a mixture of fire and ice. The being didn't have a form. It was a mass of snow and fire swirling around in a storm that could take any shape it wanted. 

I decided to try and see how it fort. I summoned another fire being. 

"Attack," I said.

The fire being attacked the storm, swinging its sword, unleashing a mass of fire. The storm split apart, then charged at the fire being. It swarmed the fire being in a mist of fire and ice. When the storm split the fire being was gone. 

'Interesting, I could use that,' I thought, 'But upgrade it a bit more.'

With a flick of my fingers the storm turned into a glowing blue ball. The ball flew towards me and I caught it, then absorbed it into me. With a sigh I looked into the air. Reflamen was a small spot in the distance, which was steadily approaching.