Chapter 11: Day Dreaming

I followed the man towards the town. As we got closer the screams and the heat became more intense, so intense that I had to cast a waterspell to cool me down. As we arrived at the village the distruction became apparant, there wasn't a building that wasn't on fire. People were running everywhere. The fire swirled through the town as if it was made of paper.

I made my way into the village, and I was finding it hard to keep up my day dream. The village occasionaly flickered, which I found weird because most of the time, what I create stays there. In the midst of all this distruction was a large beast. It was the size of a two story house, and looked kind of like the fire demon from Lord of the Rings. It had a huge flaming sword twice the length of me and a staff in the other. Fire swirled around it like a storm, and its eyes were flaming red, everything about it spoke heat and fire. 

As I walked into the town square, it turned towards me. It seemed to grin. It took a step towards me and the ground beneath it split. The staff swung carelessly into a nearby building, knocking it down. 

"Why are you here little hero," the monster laughed, "Come to rescue mummy."

I raised my eyebrow at the insult. I flicked up my hand and a water bomb appeared, which I suddenly through at the monnster's face. It his the target square on. The monster cried out in pain and clawed at its face. Eventually it recovered, but the flames were flickering slightly. 

"Aargh!" it cried, "You'll pay for that!"

"I'm just gonna leave," said the man beside me.

I nodded at him without taking my eyes off the monster. It suddenly stepped forward and swung its huge blade towards me. I stepped calmly out of the way as the sword landed in the ground, creating a huge crack. I drew my swords and stepped forward, swinging at the same time. The monster's left thumb fell clean off, liquid lave pouring out. It drew back it's hand and cried out again. 

"You low life, puny human!" it cried, clutching it's thumb, "You'll pay for that as well."

It swung the staff at me. I ducked then jumped back as the sword came smashing down. I shiethed my swords and summoned the bow to my hands. The giant stabbed his staff. I jumped, drawring my bow at the same time, and fired, landing with two feet on the edge of the staff. The arrow hit the monster in the face. 

It reacted, throughing the staff upwards. I held on to the rope attached to the arrow, and swung over its head. I cast a will spell as I went, protecting my body from being burnt alive by the flames.

I landed on the monsters back. Desummoning the bow, I drew both swords and stabbed them deep into the monster's back. It cried out in pain. I held on as it started to thrash around, trying to claw me from its back with one of its hands, luckily it couldn't reach me. 

Eventually it figured out how to get me. It took its sword and stabbed it towards me. I let go of one of the swords, swinging out of the way, but it moved the swords sideways. I let go of the swords, dropping to the ground. As I dropped I imaginered a dagger at my side, which I drew and stabbed into the monster's leg. 

The dagger ripped a huge gash, making lava poor out of the wound. Luckily the ward I had put around me protected me. I landed on the ground, the through my dagger at my two swords. It spun once, then hit them both through the handles, ripping them from the monster's back. They fell down to earth, where I quickly ran over to them and pick them up. 

I turned back towards the monster, which was struggling to get up. I waited.

"Your better then you look, human," said the monster, "but you still have yet to discover my true power."