Chapter 12: A Small Break

I sat under Reflamen's wing, letting the warmth of his body circle into mine. It was a cool day that day, the 'cave' had changed yet again. It was now a swamp sourt of area, with murky trees and constant rain. The Shape Shifter spent most of his time as a crocodile at the bottom of some of the deeper lakes. 

It had been two weeks since I had come to The Shape Shifter's cave. The training was extremely difficult, not in a physical way, but in a mental way. Every so often The Shape Shifter would mix himself up in the Day Dreams, distracting me, and making the image disappear. Seeing in third person was also difficult, especially with my eyes open. 

The Shape Shifter set up all sourts of ambushed and traps for me to overcome. The longest I had ever seen in third person was I was attacked by a group of wolves I had seen. It took a minute for me to loose consentration and was forced to defeat them without imagination.

There was a thunder crack in the distance. I shivered. Ever since I had heard of Zues and his determination to kill me, I had been extremely weary of lightning. Reflamen shifted slightly. It was the last half of the day, which I usually had to myself, but today there was nothing to do, so we sat there, in comfortable silence. 

Suddenly the water in front of us erupted, covering my and Reflamen in a tidle wave of water. I groaned, I really didn't want to get wet. Reflamen growled at the source. There on the bank was large crocodile, with six feet. 

"Hello," said the Shape Shifter with a toothy grin.

"Hi," I replied glumily.

"Hey," he said, "This weekend is gonna be your weekend off. You can go to your home and do whatever you want." 

"Oh" I said, surprised, "Thanks."

"Don't thank me," said the crocodile, "You deserve it."

I nodded with a smile, "Well then, we're off. Oh, what about Ares?"

"That hunk f flesh, "said the Shape Shifter with a smile, "Don't worry, I'll keep him busy."

Reflamen got up. I moved from under his wings and climbed onto his back. Reflamen opened his wings and took off into the storm.

'Finally, I get to see how my families doing,' I said with a smile.

'And I get some fresh air,' replied Reflamen with a smile.

We found the tunnel that led to the outside world pretty easily. Reflamen flew right into it. It was bigger since we last came through it and Reflamen could fly through easily. He flew for over and hour until finally we spotted light in the distance. 

It opened up, back into the island. It had changed as well, a lot like the cave inside. There was a swamp, with hundreds of crocodiles and snakes hanging of the trees. Luckily nothing attacked us and we were able to get out easily. 

Once we were over the open ocean I smiled. It had been a while since we had felt the fresh air in our face. The air inside the cave was fresh, but it just didn't feel the same. 

'How about we see how our friends are going in the other world,' I said to Reflamen.

'Good idea,' replied Reflamen, 'It would be good to see some of my dragon friends again.'

I laughed, 'You know, you should consider getting a mate, your old enough.'

'What!' replied Reflamen, I could feel his embarisment, 'No! Well, maybe...'

'See, it wouldn't be that bad,' I laughed.

Reflamen grumbled something in dragon toung. I put out my hands, and they glowed a purple colour. I shot it into the air, creating a portal to the other world. Reflamen angled in the air towards it, and flew through. A tingling feeling went through both of us, and when we came out we were no longer over the see, but flying over a vast forest.