1 | Proposal

a/n: I made a prompt/headcanon that sam proposes to bucky with redwing.

There was a smile as Sam watched from a high building above, the little machine flew all the way to Bucky, who was sitting in the park, waiting for Sam with a picnic blanket and a bag full of food. Redwing flies down and lands down on the soft picnic rug, Bucky instantly recognises it. There was a note attached:

Hey Buck,

On your left.

Bucky looked to his left and no one was there, then he looked to his left and Redwing dropped a small box with another note attached to it. 'Look up'. He looks up and Sam flew down and smiled at him, "open the box." he says, Bucky opens the box and it was a ring.

Bucky instantly closed it in shock, standing and running to Sam and enveloping him in a huge hug. Bucky was crying "thank you, oh my gosh, yes, yes, I'll marry you."

"I haven't even asked the question, yet!" Sam laughed, kissing Bucky softly and sweetly. They fall down on the rug and they hugged as Sam put the ring on Bucky's finger. He buried his head in the crook of Sam's shoulder and they held hands as they ate lunch.

"Yes, Sam, a thousand times: yes." Sam laughed, stroking Bucky's hair and kissing his forehead.

"I get the point, Buck, you love me." Sam smiled, Bucky smiled, moving closer to him. He leaned in and their lips met. "But I do love you," Bucky mumbled as he looked at Sam with adoring eyes. They held hands and ate their food. They had pizza and coke.

Sam and Bucky looked at each other and smiled. Bucky grabbed a napkin and wiped off the food stains on the corner of Sam's mouth and they started talking about the other Avengers as they lied down and watched the clouds. "So, you know how Steve is spending less time with us?" Bucky says, "why do you think that is?"

Sam shrugged, looking into the sky again, then he replied: "Steve said he was hanging out with Tony." Bucky paused and raised a finger, "wait - you don't think Steve and Tony are dating, do you?" he asks Sam, sitting up from his position.

"Nah," Sam says. Then there was a long pause. Bucky and Sam look at each other in realisation. Steve and Tony are dating. 

"Wow," Bucky says, breaking the silence and laughing "who would have thought?"

Sam held his hand, "hey Bucky?"

"Yeah, Sammy?"

"I love you." Bucky smiles and blushes, turning to his side "I love me too." Bucky says. Sam playfully pushes him away and Bucky came closer as they enjoyed each other's comfort.

a/n: first oneshot done!!