64 | Sweet Surrender

A/N: This is an AU where Zemo is 'good'

HYDRA was on the loose.

There was a small hiss from the grenade before it exploded. The loud booming noise echoed throughout the empty streets of town, the fire was blazing as the dust cleared. He got up, ash and blood on his face. He helped himself up as he saw his lover struggling on the other side of the street, holding the brick wall to support himself.

"Sam!" Bucky said, running to Sam to help him. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Bucky asked him, holding Sam close with Sharon running behind them. "No did they hurt you?" Sam asked, hugging him immediently. "Who cares?" Bucky cried, hugging him even tighter with tears in his eyes, "I do!" Sam cried, cupping his face and kissing him. Sharon stood their in shock as they held each other and kissed. 

Bucky picked him up and spun him around, Sam laughed and Bucky gently put him down. They locked eyes and kissed again. "I'm so glad you're okay," Sam said, his throat choked up, resting his forehead against Bucky's. "Let's get to safety," Bucky said, pulling him undercover. "What is going on?" Sharon asked them. Bucky pulled Sharon to a safe place, he held Sam close to him. "Wait, are you two dating?" Sharon asked, Bucky shushed her, peeking out of the corner and saw the gun fire from the other end of the street. 

Sharon watched as the controlled soldiers came from the other end, they hid further in the darkness and watch them pass by. They ran across the street to hide on the other end, they. continued running out into the woods. How did this happen? How could they let HYDRA slip from their hands like this? 

"I'm sorry," Bucky mumbled, panting as he tore his jacket to bandage Sam's leg. "It's not your fault," Sam reassured, holding his hand. Bucky helped him up, Sharon still confused as they walked away from the danger. "This is surrender," Sam groaned as they find a place to hide in, in the bushes as the sun went down. "Yeah," Sharon nodded "this is it. We need back-up." Sam looked back and forth as he started up the fire. "But we can't trust Zemo," Bucky told them "no matter how much he's changed - he tried to kill all of us. I don't won't any of you getting hurt." Bucky paused and took a breath, sniffling a bit "this is all my fault." he groaned, burying his face in his hands.

"It's not," Sam said "we're going to get through this together. I promise." Bucky wrapped his arms around him and sniffled. "Okay, together."

A/N: Thanks for reading!