70 | Nice, Isn't It? Pt. 2

"Shh, it's working!" Bucky hissed at him as they toasted marshmallows over the fire. They all decided a camp trip would work as Sam's mother recently had a break down over the whole situation. Sam laughed at his friend as the fire crackled. Last night they spent the night in the house alone, Sam was putting away a bottle of orange juice before asking a question.

"Do you ever see us more than friends?" Sam asked. Bucky smiled widely and cried "yes! I'm glad you asked, I can totally see us as dragons like from the Wings of Fire series–" Sam giggled "you're such a nerd," Bucky turned and smiled towards him. "That's what you get for being friends with one." 

Sam sighed as Bucky grabbed another novel from the bookshelf. "Yeah, but do you ever see us like...more than friends? More than dragons?" Sam asked, folding his arms and leaning against the counter. In the past week, they've learnt so much about each other. Sam can play the piano and he has a large friend group and has great grades. Bucky is just the B- or B+ kid on his reports. 

"Uh, like best friends?" Bucky asked. Sam blushed and looked into his eyes. "No, like boyfriends." They've been friends for almost a month. Sam groaned at what he just said "shit, no sorry that was too fast I– I just like you...a lot." Sam admitted quickly. Bucky smiled gently at him. "It's fine," he said, also blushing "I like you a lot too." There was a moment of awkward silence. "What do we do from here?" Bucky asked quietly. Sam smiled at him again "we don't have to–"

"I want to, but I'm not ready." Bucky confesses. He walks up to Bucky and holds his hand "I understand," he smiled. Bucky isn't ready for the coming out stuff, or dating in general.  This is his first friend afterall. He was always interested in joining the army, yet he had a lack of self-esteem, let alone a positive mindset - which of course, you can't have that dark frame of mind on a battle field. 

Sam knew that his mum would be supportive, always had been. It's just that Bucky was different, his dad was a Christian and his mother is all hush-hush about these kinds of things. Now, they're here, under the starlight in the cool wind. Sam broke his smore in half and shared it with Bucky, he laughed and ate it peacefully. "Thanks," Bucky chewed, spilling crumbs everywhere. This morning they went for a quick bush walk and Bucky and Sam found sticks and started hitting each other. Steve scolded them about hitting each other and took away their sticks. 

The two wouldn't stop being silly and pranking their elders about snakes or something, they had a lot of fun. It was one of the first times that Bucky had dropped a book to spend time with someone. When the night came, after they finished their smores and dinner, they went to bed. Sam and Bucky shared a tent, the thing was - Bucky found it troubling to sleep that night. He awoke in a sweat, tears falling from his face. Panic attack.

Sam stirred in his sleep and got up instantly in the tangled darkness "Bucky?" he said, placing a hand on his shoulder, taking out his flashlight and turning it on. "Shh, it's okay, I'm here." Sam told him quietly, holding Bucky closely. He nuzzled into his chest and breathed deeply. "Thanks," Bucky said quietly. "You want some air?" Sam offered. Bucky nods quietly and they step out of their tent. 

It was quiet and peaceful, slightly cold but it would do. Sam got out his phone and speaker from his backpack and set it on the floor. "What are you doing?" Bucky asked, surprised. Sam set up the speaker, soft piano plays from the speaker. "Sam! Turn it off!" Bucky hissed "they'll wake up and–"

"My mum's a light sleeper," Sam smiled, sticking out his hand towards him "anyways, want to dance?" Their eyes met once more, Bucky's lips curled into a smile in anticipation. In the darkness and the light of the moon, they held each other. Sam placed a hand on his hip as their fingers intertwine. They stare at each other for a while, Bucky smiled gently "I like this song, it's nice." Bucky tells him quietly.

"Thank you, it's from Bach's Symphony 4567," Sam joked, making Bucky laugh. "I'm pretty sure Bach didn't have 4567 symphonies." Bucky told him, stepping closer. "Ah, you know your musicians." Sam grinned. "I've learnt from the best," Bucky smiled wider. They laughed together as they moved to the music, gently and passionately. The steps were silent yet meaningful, their eyes locked and their smiles were bright. Their movements became slower as the music died down, as the final few bars played, their lips met into a long, sweet kiss.

They heard shuffling, Sam's mother emerged from her tent to see her son and Bucky kissing under the moonlight. They part and smile at each other, not noticing that Mrs Wilson was watching them. "Sam!" she cried, gasping. Sam turned, his eyes wide. "Mum...I can explain!" he said quickly. She hid in the tent and zipped it up instantly in shock. Sam groaned and facepalmed. "I'm sorry," Bucky told him.

"Don't be sorry," Sam said, gripping Bucky's hand "let's go back in and pretend this never happened."

"You mean Bach in." Bucky smiled, making Sam smile. They always made each other feel better. They go back in the tent, Sam turning off his phone as they held each other as they sleep. The morning part was something they dreaded, Sam's mum acted like nothing happened yet she most likely told Bucky's parents too whenever they weren't near them. 

They  walked towards the lake where people were allowed to swim in it. "You nervous?" Bucky teased, before Sam could reply he pushed him in the water, he laughed then Sam pulled him in by the leg and they started splashing each other. "SAM!" Bucky cried, tackling him in the water, earning a few laughs from his parents. 

It was almost the best camp trip ever, the trip back in the RV was going to be worse.

A/N: There's going to be a part three!