Ch 21 The Engagement Party Part 5

Ch 21

Annabel POV

After Sammy walked out I knew I had to chase after him, so I did. I ran outside without my coat on but when I came out I decided to walk because I didn't want to fall since it was snowing, and I was afraid there might be black ice underneath it.

I called his name for him to stop since he was a substantial amount away from me, but he will still walking and just kept on ignoring me, so I shouted

"The engagement was not fake for me either" which caused him to stop but he didn't turn around.

I was able to catch up to him now and I repeated it again but this time in a normal voice and he turned around

"What are you talking about?" he asked confused

"I didn't agree to this engagement because Veronica was a bitch. The only reason I agreed to this is because I wanted to be with you. I missed you and I love you and this was my only chance, so I took it.

"This is not a funny joke. Don't play with my emotions". He looked so hurt saying this

"I am serious, I am not"

"You are lying, you knew I would take you back. I told you that countless times. I also know that my sister can't mind her business, so I know she repeatedly told you that I was not over you, so you had many chances. You knew how I felt about you and you had so many chances throughout this stupid "engagement". He said engagement with hand quotations then continued "so don't you dare tell me that this was your only chance to date me."

"I did know that you would have dated me again if I told you that I wanted to date you again, but your job is not normal. You are a criminal and that makes our relationship so complicated. I must admit, I was mad at you and I genuinely thought you were the worst person on earth. However, a few weeks after our breakup, I missed you. I started to remember how we were, and I was miserable without you. You keep on telling me how you were trying so hard to make me fall back in love with you, but the truth is that I never fell out of love with you. It's not easy to get over someone that you dated for a year and eventually became engaged to. The real reason I didn't date you is because it felt like the right or normal response to finding out that umm your fiancé is next in throne to be Godfather and has a lot of crimes under his belt. I literally thought that I was a terrible person because I was actually considering getting back with you and I didn't even care anymore that this is what you do for a living."

Then I continued

"Then Christina made this plan and I thought well I can have my cake and eat it too. I am not a terrible person because I am only being "pretend" engaged to you temporarily and technically the reason for having this engagement is to piss Veronica off. I was trying to convince myself that if you really think about it, that doing this is not really that bad. Unfortunately, I was enjoying being with you too much so I didn't want it to end. That is the reason for me suggesting, or in your words "me telling you" that we are going to push back the original date of us breaking up."

Then I tell him that I guess my sister knows me very well because she figured out that I was still in love with him and that the only reason I wasn't dating him was because I cared about what my friends, family, and others will think of me if I am with a man that is head of the mafia.

Then I say

"But my sister is right, I shouldn't care about what other people think about me and that this is my life so fuck everyone else who disagrees. Sammy I am definitely not a great actress and unfortunately, I would not be winning an Oscar anytime soon. Everything I said on the stage was 100% true. Veronica being mad was just the icing on top. I want you to know that I no longer care what others think of our relationship. All I know is that, I want to marry you, I want to have kids with you,and I want us to grow old together so Samuel David Mussolini Jr., Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" I ask

Sammy POV

Damn, I thought Annabel didn't love me anymore. I was trying everything to make her fall back in love with me. I was even okay with just dating her, so my actions were just a waste of time. I am still trying to process the fact that she never fell out of love with me and that she still wants to marry me. Then I just went for it and I kissed her. I didn't even wait for her to kiss me back or give her the chance to tease me with her lips. I just pressed our bodies together; wrapping one arm under her waist and one hand holding her chin slipping my tongue in her mouth. After that, she kissed me back and our kiss was so passionate. I put everything that I felt into that kiss. I was thrilled that she felt the same way as me. Our feelings aren't one-sided.

I pulled away out of breath and she was out of breath too

Then she says "I guess that means a yes"

"Yes, I will marry you Annabel Smith, even though you didn't get on one knee to ask for my hand in marriage." I say jokingly so she hit me on my chest smiling.

But the truth is even if she texted me that she wanted to marry me I would have said yes in a heartbeat

Don't worry, this is not the last chapter but What did you think of this chapter?