Ch 19 The Engagement Party Part 3

Ch 19

Annabel POV

At the end of the party, Sammy and I stood on stage to thank everyone for coming.

"We just want to thank everyone for sharing our special moment with us. I hope all of you enjoyed our engagement party. Before you leave, don't forget to pick up your goodie bags that are on the back table." I say

Sammy then repeated what I said in Italian since a few of Sammy's relatives and some of his parents' friends only speak Italian.

Then we decided to speak about how we are so excited to get married. Sammy began as he looked at the crowd speaking in Italian first

"Ciao a tutti, come ha detto Annabel, siamo felici che siete venuti alla nostra festa di fidanzamento e speriamo che tutti voi possiate partecipare al nostro matrimonio. Conto alla rovescia dei giorni perché Annabel è l'amore della mia vita e non vedo l'ora che inizi la nostra nuova vita insieme. Voglio che tutti voi sappiate come Annabel che ha detto di sì mi ha reso la persona più felice della terra. Onestamente non mi è piaciuta l'idea del matrimonio o anche degli appuntamenti prima di incontrarla. Tuttavia, Annabel l'ha cambiato per me. Mi ha fatto capire che mi mancava qualcosa nella mia vita. No; in realtà, mi mancava qualcuno nella mia vita. Quel qualcuno era lei. Non mi ero mai sentito così per nessuna donna prima. Ogni volta che la guardo, ringrazio Dio che mi ha scelto nonostante tutti i miei difetti. So che la nostra relazione non era perfetta. So che essere il Padrino è stato molto da prendere per lei, ma sono grato che lei l'abbia visto e abbia capito che ciò che abbiamo è più importante della mia carriera o di tutti i miei difetti. So che entrambi siamo lungi dall'essere perfetti, ma siamo perfetti insieme e nessuno e niente può toglierci questo."

After he spoke it in Italian he translated it into English for the English speakers but sometimes he would glance at me while he said those words.

"Hi everyone, like Annabel said we are happy that you guys came to our engagement party and we hope all of you can make it to our wedding. I am counting down the days because Annabel is the love of my life and I can't wait till we begin our new life together. I want all of you to know how Annabel saying yes made me the happiest person on earth. I honestly didn't like the idea of marriage or even dating before I met her. However, Annabel changed that for me. She made me realize that I was missing something in my life. No; actually, I was missing someone in my life. That someone was her. I never felt this way about any woman before. Every time I look at her, I thank God that she chose me despite all my faults. I know our relationship wasn't perfect. I know being Godfather was a lot to take in for her, but I am grateful that she saw pass that and realized that what we have is more important than my career or all my faults. I know both of us are far from perfect, but we are perfect together and nobody and nothing can take that away from us."

Damn, that was heartfelt. Everyone clapped at the end of his speech. Him glancing at me while saying those words with such conviction gave me butterflies in my stomach. I always wanted a guy to feel that strongly about me, so his words almost made me cried and I decided to speak from my heart too.

Next, I decided to glance at him while I was speaking, and he grinned the whole time I spoke

"Thank you, Sammy, for the kind words. I love you with all my heart and I am blessed to have you in my life. When Sammy proposed to me, I didn't even hesitate because I knew that he was the one for me. I can't even describe the way you make feel because it's so unique and intense. He is right. I didn't approve of his career, but I realized that he was the one for me. I couldn't lose him. I need him in my life. I know I am not perfect either and while we were dating, I know sometimes I annoyed the hell out of him, but he never left me. He loved me despite my faults. He also had faults too, but he revealed to me what love means. Love looks pass faults. You love them and care for them regardless., It means loyalty. It means being affectionate. I know we are meant for each other. I know God put him in my life. I can't wait to walk down that aisle. I honestly love you Sammy."