Ch 2 Three months later(Part 2)

Ch. 2

Sammy POV

My sister has a new boyfriend and guess what he is another member of the mafia. His name is Rick. Rick has proven himself as a soldier so I made him one of the capos, which is a high-ranking member of the mafia who commands a division of soldiers and reports directly to me (Don) and Danny (Underboss). He has major social status and influence in the organization. He is also in charge of handling the money. I am not happy that my little sister has a boyfriend especially one who is in the mafia but at least he is not a soldier. Soldiers are the lowest-ranking members of the Mafia, which are the grunts of the organization. They make the deliveries, pick up cash, and are the enforcers. My sister's ex-boyfriend is a soldier, which I did not like because they are generally the ones arrested by the police since they do all the dirty work. I do not want my sister to be caught up in any of that drama so I was glad when she broke up with him and started to date Rick. Christina's ex-boyfriend was one of the soldiers in Rick's division but not anymore. One of the rules of being in the mafia is that you never fight with another member. I take that rule very seriously and everyone knows not to break any of my rules so I know they will not physically fight one another and they will focus on their job but I still do not think it is a smart idea for Christina's ex to be commanded by Christina's current boyfriend. I think that would create too much tension so I had Christina's ex-boyfriend transferred to work under another capo. I refuse to deal with all this drama just because my sister cannot make up her damn mind on who she wants to date. Nevertheless, I am actually happy when Christina brings Rick to hang out with her friends because then I know that Annabel is definitely safe since I cannot be there to protect her.

Annabel POV

It has been 3 months since my kidnapping. I avoid Sammy like the plague but I cannot help but think about him every time I have nothing to do. Therefore, I have been studying and doing homework nonstop. Some days my friends force me to take a break and hang out with them because apparently I need to live life and my actions are unhealthy. They do not understand that I need the distraction or I will go crazy. I am now seeing a psychiatrist. It sometimes help but then there are times when I feel sadder coming out of the place then when I went in. Our therapy session consists of three things the kidnapping, Sammy, and the mafia. The only reason I am talking about my kidnapping and the mafia because Sammy's dad provided the psychiatrist for me. He thinks after this type of experience I need someone to talk to and obviously, I cannot talk to a therapist who is not on the mafia's payroll. I know many celebrities and rich people go to this psychiatrist so I was shocked when I walked in and I saw Sara Mickenly sitting on the chair across from a couch. I would have never guessed that she was on the mafia's payroll but then again I never guessed that my fiancé would be the godfather of the Italian mafia. I know it is probably wrong that I am allowing my ex-fiancé's dad to hire me a therapist but I do not care. I am traumatized and Samuel Sr. is right I need someone to talk to. I am unlike most people because I can admit I need help.

I learned that Christina's new boyfriend is the Capo. Now that I know who Sammy is Christina is able to talk about her problems that now include some mafia things or stuff that involves her boyfriend. I have learned many new mafia terms because of her. As long as she does not mention Sammy's name I am good but the problem is that in most conversations she slips in things about how good Sammy and I were together, how he misses me and is a mess without me, etc. She thinks I should talk to him but that is definitely not happening any time soon. I love him and I miss him. I guess I am kind of a mess without him to but I cannot be with someone who is in the mafia and also I am still in awe how he made me feel so guilty and the worst person ever when I would not tell him the truth or when I kept a secret from him. He used to say honesty is very important to him and the only way we will work is if we had an honest relationship. I actually was stupid enough to believe him. You know what is hilarious : he hated when I told him white lies but he did not think that lying to me about him being in the mafia was bad. That is not something you hide from you fiancé; the one you call your true love.

?t�^�<�