Chapter 14

Valentina pov

I stayed home for the next few days. The voice left and I was so glad. It made me feel worse than I already felt. Miles and Cookie left a few hours ago. Apparently my ‘parents’ were having another party. So here I was, all alone. I shut myself in my room, refusing to leave. I made that mistake before and I sure as hell am not gonna do it again. I was just sitting on my bed, alone in my room, when there was a knock on my door.

“Ms. Beaumont, there is someone here to see you.” Peter, my temporary butler said.

“Tell them I am unavailable.” I said and turned around to lie on my stomach. I seriously wasn’t in the mood to see anyone.

“Excuse me miss, but he insists. He said his name is Mr. Jackson and he refuses to leave without seeing you.”

I sighed and got up. Why did anyone want to see me? I was a bit skeptical about this “Mr. Jackson” but I went downstairs anyway. Peter looked at my outfit with contempt, but I could care less what I was wearing. Peter was a temporary butler while Miles was gone. He was chosen by Stephanie, me ex mother, which explains the look on his face and the next words that came out of his mouth.

“Are you going to meet him in that, Miss? Would you like to change first? I can tell him to wait.”

I shook my head and smiled at the look on his face. I walked downstairs in my baggy sweatpants and my oversized hoody. I made my way into the living room and saw a man sitting on the sofa. Although I could only see the back of his head as the sofa was facing the fire place. I walked around the sofa and tried not to care about how I looked when he smiled at me. He was gorgeous. I was dazed when he stood up. He was so tall, he could pass for 6 and a half feet. His eyes were a gorgeous blue that mesmerized me. His arms captivated me and my eyes scanned his bulging arms without regret. He was the epitome of perfection. His perfection made me more aware of how I looked and I became self conscious. I looked up at his face and realized he knew I was ogling him. I looked down to the carpeted floor, embarrassed.

“I shall leave you to it madam.” Peter said and I scowled.

He knew this would happen. I sighed and shifted my weight from right to left. We stood there for a few moments, not saying a word. I could feel the blush on my cheeks. I cleared my throat before speaking.

“You can sit down.” I took a seat in the armchair across the sofa.

“Hello, Ms. Beaumont. I’m Hunter Jackson, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He held a hand in front of him, waiting for me to take it.

I stared at his hand for a few moments until he pulled it back to his side.

“Why are you here?”

He cleared his throat and his cheeks were tinted pink. Was he blushing? The very thought was ludicrous.

“Um, I just moved here from New York. I bought the house next to yours and I thought it would be a good idea to meet my new neighbors.” He said.

I looked at his face. He bought the mansion next to mine? That house was huge, even bigger than the one I lived in.

“I was wondering if you and your family would like to join me for dinner tomorrow night.” He looked at me hesitantly and I frowned. He was a very peculiar man.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Jackson, but  my parents are not in town right now and I think it would be extremely inappropriate for me to enter your home without a parent or guardian.” I said.

He frowned as he thought about it, then he muttered something and stood.

“Call me Hunter, Ms. Beaumont. Mr. Jackson is my father. I will be starting at the local high school on Monday, I hope your parents return soon.” He said with a smile.

“What subject will you be teaching?” I asked curiously.

“English. Mr. Wilson is out with the flu and I will be taking over for him for a few weeks.”

I frowned and nodded. I walked him to the door and watched him step across the threshold.

“Have a nice day, Mr., uh I mean Hunter.”

He smiled and grabbed my hand before I could move it away.

“Have a good day, Ms. Beaumont.”

 He shook my hand once and then slowly let it go. I frowned as he turned around and walked away. Why did he seem so familiar?

************************************************************************************************************

So she finally met Hunter. Wonder how this is gonna play out? :)

 Vote & Comment!!!!

Vampluver17