CHAPTER 8

VALENTINA'S POV

Darkness. That's all I could see. A never ending black hole. I was drawn to it, it called to me. My body. My soul. I lifted a hand, I was about to touch it. That's when I heard a Bang! It was just as well. I knew if I had touched the darkness it would never let me go. The darkness retreated and slowly I came became aware of my surroundings. Pity, really. I noticed Cookie walking, more like stalking really, towards me. I stayed still, staring outside the window. I saw her lips moving from the reflection of the window, but I couldn't hear a word she was saying. I smiled absently, hoping to make her happy enough to leave me alone. But it seemed my smile did the opposite. She grabbed my arm and pulled me up from my comfortable sea. She pulled with so much force, I almost crashed into her. As soon as my feet touched the ground, I felt a wave a dizziness overtake me. Bile rose in my throat and I struggled not to let it come out. But of course, like everything else in my life, I failed. I turned around and puked all over my beloved white carpet. Cookie held my hair away from my face as I more and more bile spilled from my throat. Finally, it seemed to stop. I stood and leaned heavily against cookie as she fussed over me. I walked downstairs with cookies support. I closed my eyes against the bright sun. It was the first time I have been out of my room and I was barely conscious. She put me in the backseat of a car and proceeded to drive somewhere. I have no idea where we were going. I fell asleep a few minutes later. I woke up a few times along the ride, only to because cookie insisted on making me drink. I hated it, it tasted funny. But the more I drank, the better it tasted. Until finally she didn't wake me up again and I fell into another deep sleep. But this one was not at all peaceful.

3RD PERSON

Miles paced in the living room, waiting for cookie to be back with his darling Valentina. Half an hour later, she stumbled in with Valentina leaning heavily on her shoulder. Miles immediately rushed to take Valentina in his arms. He lifted her and brought her to the couch. Then he turned on cookie with a questioning gaze.

"Where have the two of you been?" he asked. "Or better yet, where have you taken her?"

Cookie looked down at the girl she raised for the last 17 years. Her sweet, innocent little girl who was currently in such a dark place.

"I took her to the doctor" she said calmly.

Miles gazed at her form skeptically. Something had gone wrong. 

"Why?"

"She was feeling a bit under the weather, so I took her to the doctor the next town over"

"So?"

"So what?"

"What was wrong with her?"

Cookie turned her back on Miles, her eyes full of guilt.

"Nothing that couldn't be fixed"

As she turned to leave, Miles grabbed her arm in a tight grip. She tried to pull away, but Miles tightened his grip and spun her around.

"What did you do Marguerite?" He asked forcefully. 

Cookie stared up at him in surprise. He only used her real name once before and that was in the very worst situation she could imagine. Tears filled her eyes as she dreaded Miles' reaction to what was an impulsive decision.

"She was vomiting everywhere Miles, what did you expect me to do?!'

Miles looked at her in horror, his mind jumping to the worst conclusion. He let go of her arm and took a few steps back. He couldn't believe it.