CHAPTER 5

Val's POV

After drawing the beautiful statue in the maze I quickly walked back to the house. Cookie and Miles were nowhere to be seen. I look around in the kitchen and find a note on the fridge. I smile slightly to myself at how well they knew me.

Valentina, 

Miles and I have been called to New York to prepare for an important dinner. So sorry we had to leave sugar but your mother made it clear this was important. We won't be back for another two days. There food in the fridge all you have to division heat it up.

                      Love, Cookie

I sighed and threw the note in the trash. Looks like I'm on my own for two days. I heated up a plate of food and carried it to my room. I ate, took a bath and showered. Maybe tomorrow would be easier. I could stay in English for lunch, it won't be so bad. That's what I thought.

-------------------------------------------------

Have you ever felt like something bad was gonna happen? You get that word feeling in your chest and your stomach is doing flips? You feel paranoid, but your head is telling you your being silly. That’s what I felt like right now. My stomach was doing flips and my mind seemed like it was trying to tell me something but I didn’t know what. I walked through the halls, looking for people hiding in shadowy corners and occasionally looking behind me to see if anyone was trying to sneak up on me. I went to class, that strange feeling stayed inside me till lunch came around. I sat under the big willow tree as usual, but today I felt different. I felt ecstatic, and alive; like I could do anything I wanted. I lay against the tree trunk, reveling in that feeling of being free. I stared up at the clouds, giggling whenever I saw a funny shape. It was indescribable, the feelings I felt churning through my body. I wasn’t sad anymore; no I was happy and full of life; like I used to be. I sat there giggling like at nothing; I was so caught up in my own world that I didn’t even notice Ethan Slade sit down beside me. It wasn’t till his fingers brushed my hand that I noticed him for the first time. I threw my head back and laughed, his face was sooo funny! His mouth was moving, but I couldn’t understand what he was saying. He looked at me weirdly before saying something; I just nodded and watched as he left. I sat there giggling to myself until lunch was over. I was on a high throughout the rest of the day. I fell on my bed with the intent of sleeping until I heard my cell phone chime, signaling I received a text.

Be Ready By Seven                                                                                                      

  <Ethan>

Ethan? As in Ethan Slade? I frowned in confusion. What was Ethan Slade texting me for?

Ready For What?

   <Val>

The Party! I’ll Pick You Up At Seven

<Ethan> 

I sighed; I could practically see his face scrunched up in annoyance. I didn’t remember agreeing to a party, but maybe what I need is a great party. I have been depressed since Bri and I needed to make new friends anyway. What better place to do that than at a party? I sighed and jumped in the shower. Maybe this party will get me out of the funk I’ve been in ever since I got here. I showered and shaved before going to my closet and picking out what to wear. I skipped through all the short party dresses; I didn’t want to seem like a slut at my first party. And I just wasn’t in the mood to wear a dress. I went with bright blue skinnies, black vans and a black and white striped halter top. I straightened my curly hair and applied very minimal make up. I looked myself in the mirror, giving myself a slight pep talk. Maybe this party will make me fit in better. A honk came from downstairs and I ran downstairs. There stood Ethan Slade in all his cuteness, leaning against his bright red jeep. Ok, don’t back out Valentina, I told myself, it’s justa party. You’ve been to tons of parties before. Yeah, but not a party where everyone hates you, said a little voice in the back of my head. Face it, no one likes you. You’ll just embarrass yourself by going there. And you’ve had enough embarrassment to last you a lifetime. You should just go back inside before you embarrass yourself again. Remember Bri? My steps faltered as I remembered the whole fiasco with Bri. She’ll definitely be there. What if she embarrasses me again? You brought that on yourself, the voice hissed. See what happens when you put your trust in the wrong person?

“Are you coming or not?”

I looked at Ethan, nervous. He was leaning against the hood of his jeep, arms crossed over his slightly muscular chest. He looked annoyed, of course he was. I’ve been standing here for the past three minutes listening to that stupid voice in my head. I shook my head and walked over to the passenger side. I jumped into the jeep and buckled myself in. Ethan started the car a few seconds later and we drove to the party in awkward silence. I sighed, we stole glances from each other every now and then, it was probably the most akward car ride I've ever been on. We arrived at the party about twenty minutes later. The music was so loud, I could actually feel the vibraions under my feet. He parked in front of the house and helped me out of the car. I was surprised, he doesn't seem like the chivalrous type of guy. red cups littered the beautiful lawn of the white two story house. People littered the lawn, smoking, drinking, and making out. It was basically like an orgy in the front yard. People stared as Ethan and I walked up the driveway and into the house. It was slightly unnerving. Some people glared, some smirked, everyone gave off a weird vibe. I knew I shouldn't have come. I turned around ready to tell Ethan that I've changed my mind and i wanted to go home, only to find a random stranger holding a bottle of beer. I turned around looking for Ethan; he ditched me. I sighed, of course. What did I expect anyway? That he would stay with me throughout the whole party? I snorted. Yeah right. I ended up walking through the house, swaying with the music. I sure as hell wouldn't be going home any time soon, might as well enjoy it. I made my way to the kitchen carefully pouring myself a shot of vodka. I didn't really want to get drunk without any friends looking out for me. I downed the shot and grabbed a bottle of beer from the counter. I sipped it as I made my way to the dance floor. I swayed to the beat and slowly found my rhythm. I let go and followed the beat. I was actually having a good time. Someone grabbed onto my hips and I opened my eyes. It was Ethan. I smiled and giggled as I tripped over my own feet. I felt that high again. The happy feeling flowed through my bloodstream inducing a very giddy feeling in my stomach. I started dancing again, it wasn't as gracefull as before considering I was completely drunk. It was weird, I only had one shot and half a beer, I could usually control my liquor. I felt myself being dragged off the dancefloor, I just laughed and followed. I was sweaty and hot. Gross! I hated being sweaty, it was disgusting. I followed Ethan, swaying and giggling. Everywhere I turned there were swirls of color. I laughed and spun around in a circle trying to capture the colors. They were sooo pretty. I was being pulled by an unknown force up the stairs. I giggled, and dragged my feet. The music was getting fainter and fainter. I pouted, I wanted to dance! Suddenly I felt something soft under my back. It felt like a cloud!  I laughed and rolled all over the bed. I could vaguely make out someone telling me something before a door slammed closed. I lay there for a few minutes, barely awake, not even conscious of what was happening around me. I heard the door open and close, followed by a click!  Someone was touching me. Then darkness took over and I couldnt think. I fell into the darkness.

************************************************************************************************************

Next chapter will be updated next Friday.

Vampluver17