The Afermath

~Hunter~

I sat alone in my study drinking my last bottle of scotch. I closed my eyes and tried to relive all the happy moments I had shared with my mate, there were very few. It was cruel how things had worked out. I had only a few short weeks with her before she left me. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't find the strength to get up. I can't find the strength to eat or sleep. I don't even have the strength to open my eyes.

How would I go on without her?

I didn't want to go on without her. The future seemed dim and miserable without her.

I could hear snarling and growling in the background. The scent of blood blew in from the open window. I felt something inside of me click and then my wolf took over. He was angry and hurt when his mate left. He wanted blood, he wanted to kill and I didn't have the strength or the will to stop him. I let him take over completely and I faded into the background. I could see through his eyes and feel what he felt as he took the form of a lycan. He showed no mercy as he slaughtered every rogue on sight. Soon there was no one left to kill and he gave a loud roar and took off into the woods. Then I faded completely into the darkness.

~Hayden~

I watched Hunter jump onto the battlefield and transform into a terrifying creature. He grew a few feet taller which made him almost 8 feet tall. Thick fur covered his body and long, sharp claws replaced the nails on his hands and feet. His face elongated until it resembled a wolf's snout. His teeth were sharp and deadly, but I think the most terrifying feature were his eyes. They were blood red and void of all humanity. His wolf was in control and he was bloodthirsty. 

We all stood back and watched as he ripped through every rogue on the field. Soon all the rogues were dead and blood covered most of the grass. He gave a loud roar filled with rage and pain then he took off into the wood without a backwards glance. Every warrior stood in the field, in total shock. The alpha had left the pack. The shock wore off a few minutes later and the whole pack erupted into chaos. Many warriors wanted to run after him, but Beta Aaron was afraid that Hunter would kill them in the state he was in. there was a mandatory pack meeting and my eyes searched for Ethan. I found him standing alone, looking off into the woods where his brother disappeared. I walked up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder. He stood still and I could feel the pain he felt. We hadn't marked each other yet, but the bond was still there. He felt a sense of abandonment and loss. He really looked up to his big brother.

"He'll be back." I said even though I don't believe it.

He shook his head. "No, he won't be coming back."

I nodded and put my arm around his shoulder. Almost immediately he shook it off and ran inside. His rejection cut me deeply. I tried to tell myself that he was hurting for his brother, but part of me couldn't help believe that it was because he didn't want anybody to see him with me. I was openly gay and if people saw him with me they would think that he was gay too. I understood that he wasn't ready to come out yet, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt like hell.

Soon, I tell myself. Soon he'll be ready.

But I know it's a lie.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I decided to add this chapter because the book felt unfinished and incomplete. 

Vote & Comment

Vampluver_17