Mr. Jackson

~Valentina~

After our little laugh fest in my car, I drove Hayden home. He gave me directions to his house which was really hard to find because it was really deep in the woods. The dirt roads were bumpy and completely uncomfortable but once I saw his house I was mesmerized. It was a small cabin with stone paving. It looked cozy and beautiful, kinda like a home where people can be happy. I was obsessed with his house.

"Do you want a tour?"

I nodded and silently stepped out of the car. I grabbed a few of his bags from the back seat and followed him into the house. It was...messy. There were clothes all over the floor and blankets and pillows on the couch. There were dishes piled up in the sink and I think he was actually using a bowl as a cup. Yeah, this so ruined the house for me. I just stood there shocked while he ran around picking up clothes and kicking them under the couch or throwing them behind other doors.

"Sorry it's kinda messy. As you can see I'm not much of a housewife" he said laughing.

I set his bags down on the one clear spot on the floor and took a look around. Without all the clothes and stuff, this house would be seriously beautiful. He mumbled something to himself and walked into what I assumed was his bedroom.

"I'll just be a minute!" he yelled before closing the door.

I sighed and threw a few clothes to the floor so I could sit on the couch. I was there for a few minutes before someone opened the door and walked right in.

"Mr. Jackson?"

What was he doing in Hayden's house? He turned so fast I thought he got whiplash.

"Valentina, how lovely to see you."

He smiled and walked over to me. He sat beside me on the couch, not bothering to move the clothes. He was really close to me and I was starting to panic just a little bit.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

He cleared his throat and said,

"Hayden is my....cousin. Yea, he's staying with me for the rest of the year."

Now he looked uncomfortable and I wondered why. I nodded my head though. I guess it did make sense. There was no way Hayden alone could make this much of a mess. I guess Mr. Jackson wasn't much of a housewife either. I took a deep breath and quietly waited for Hayden to come out of his room. We didn't talk while we waited, he looked like he was pretty deep in thought. He opened his mouth a few times but he never said a word.

~Hunter~

I was panicking. I had no idea my mate would be here in Hayden's house. I just stopped by hoping to catch my brother. Now here I am sitting next to my mate and I couldn't say a word. I didn't know what to say and I looked like an idiot. My brother would probably be laughing at me right now if he saw me.

Why didnt you tell me she was here?! I yelled at Hayden through the pack link.

How was I supposed to know you were coming over?! He yelled

Watch your tone pup! I snarled.

My wolf hated being disrespected, especially by outsiders. I glanced at my mate sitting rigidly next to me and sighed. Talking to her was all I thought about these past few weeks and when I finally have her alone I can't even think of a word to say.

"You have a beautiful home."  she said

I was so surprised that she talked first that it  took me a few seconds to respond.

"Thank you. You have a beautiful home as well." 

She smiled a sad smile with a hint of sorrow in her eyes. My heart ached for her even though I had no idea why she was sad.

whipped!

I growled at him to shut up and focused my attention on my mate.

"I live in a house. A home is warm and....homy. Kinda like this one." she smiled at the end.

I watched her gaze move around the room. Clearly she loved the little cottage. Immediately my mind was thinking of places I could build a home just for her. It would be similar to this but bigger because I wanted a big family. While I was making plans for the future, Hayden walked out of his bedroom. Valentina smiled at him and stood up to give him a hug. I was envious of how close they were physically and emotionally. I wanted that to be me she held in her arms not Hayden. My wolf was seething at the physical contact and Hayden immediately moved away.

"I'll see you Monday Val"

He said leading her to the door. She smiled, muttered a goodbye and walked to her car. The farther away she drove, the emptier my chest seemed to feel.

================================

You guys said you wanted more Val and Hunter time so here you go.
I have a feeling they'll be getting closer in future chapters ;)
By the way, I really appreciate the votes and comments. They inspire me to write more often

Vampluver17