Hayden

~Valentina ~

Hayden and I spent the day shopping and talking. The more I learned about him, the more comfortable I felt. He answered all my questions, but never asked any of his own. He was from a small town in Minnesota and he was 17, like me. His parents adopted him when he was 4 and they were still back in Minnesota. He was here visiting his biological grandparents who he met 6 years ago. He was funny, sweet, and very very gay. We had so much fun and I was starting to feel like my old self again, at least until I saw Bree. Dressed in her usual micro-mini skirt, sky high heels, and tight crop top. I grimaced when she sat on one of the chairs in the store. Her skirt rose so high it only covered half her ass. It was horrifying considering she was going commando. Hayden looked at her in disgust and then turned his head back to me.

"Oh my god, remind me to never sit on any of these chairs ever again."

I muffled my laugh and nodded. Suddenly, her head snapped up and she looked directly at me. She smirked and rose out of the chair and walked towards me and Hayden, her slutty posse following behind her. Hayden grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the store. Some part of me felt like he knew what went on between me and Bree. Hell, I think the whole town knew what went down between us. He was taking big steps and it was really hard to keep up. I think I almost tripped a couple of times. He finally stopped when we got to my car in the parking lot. He was shaking really bad and his eyes were shut tight.

"Are you ok?" I asked him.

"Yea, I just hate that bitch so much!"

I put a hand on his shoulder, in what I hoped was a calming gesture.

"Why do you hate her so much?"

He shook his head and a few tears slipped down his face.

" She makes fun of me because I'm gay. She says that the moon goddess would never give a mate to someone as disgusting as I am. And if she did then he would probably be to...to embarrassed to be seen with me"

He was full on crying after he finished his rant and I hugged him. I had no idea what he was talking about, but it seemed to make him sad and that made me sad. Hayden was the only real friend I had since I got here and it made me angry that Bri could make him cry. I held him as he cried into my shoulder. People looked at us weirdly as they passed us, it was probably because Hayden was a 6 foot wall of muscle and I was almost a foot shorter than him. He had to bend really low to hide his face in my shoulder. After a while he straightened up and wiped his eyes.

"I don't think I'm ever gonna hug ypu for more than 5 seconds," he said, sniffling and wiping his eyes. "My neck is killing me."

I chuckled and gave him a brief hug, glad that he was making jokes again. He looked at me, appalled.

"I'm serious! Your so short and I bent so low, I was almost in position to do it doggy style!"

I burst out laughing, this guy was killing me. I pushed him towards my car and started it up. I laughed for a few more seconds before turning to face him.

"Thanks Hayden. I haven't laughed like that since I left home and came here. Your a great friend."

I smiled at him and gave him a hug. He hugged me back and dramatically wiped the tears from his face.

"You're like an onion, Val. You always bring tears to my eyes"

We stared at each other for a few seconds before we burst out laughing again. Yup, Hayden was definitely one of a kind.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hey guys, so I haven't uploaded in a month, but summer is only like 2 weeks away so I'll be updating more after this chapter. Thanks for your comments and votes, I really like hearing what you guys think of my story.

Vampluver17