17

At 37, weeks September 10th Stevie still hadn't given birth. Her doctor was gung ho to send her in for a c-section, as twins normally come around 35 weeks. She was absolutely miserable. Lindsey and Stevie had discovered that as much as she hated it, and it would only be done in the pitch black if the pair had sex than their babies would sleep and let their momma get some sleep as well.

They had tried many things to induce labor, spicy foods, more sex, and today they were walking. Walking through a baby store at the mall.

"Oh, Lindsey aren't these blankets absolutely gorgeous." Stevie coos shoving two blankets towards Lindsey.

"They are really soft. But don't you think they have enough blankets?" Lindsey whines.

He hates shopping and he really doesn't want to be there any longer.

"They only have four each. What's one more huh." Stevie beams thrusting the blankets into the ever-growing pile in Lindsey's arms. One was grey with little white moons on it, the other was a peachy color with white flowers on it. Both made of what could pass as velvet.

On their way to the cash register to check out, Stevie picked up two onesies. One grey with white polka dots and one peach with white polka dots.

"Oh, Lindsey aren't they just darling." Stevie coos holding them up against her stomach.

"Yes Steph, they are darling. Just like the other fifty, we have at home and the twenty you just bought with Lori and Christine the other day." Lindsey states.

"You're right." Stevie's smile falls and she puts them back on the table.

Lindsey instantly feels horrible and grabs the two onesies when she turns her back.

"Lindsey, here's my debit card, I have to go to the ladies' room, I'll meet you at the food court." Stevie sighs getting up on her tip toes and kissing Lindsey's cheek.

He smiles to the young girl behind the counter and tucks Stevie's card into his back pocket before pulling his own debit card out of his new leather-bound wallet that was gifted to him on father's day.

"Is this your first?" The woman questions starting to ring everything up.

"No, yes...Kind of, We have a sixteen-year-old daughter. But she IS sixteen and it's been a while since she was a baby. This time though, my wife and I are having twins and I'm not going to lie, it's stressing me out." Lindsey explains.

"So, it's not your first, but you're rusty." The woman clarifies.

"Very..." Lindsey trails off, that's when he looks up and winces at the five-hundred-dollar total flashing on the screen. He gulps and blows out a puff of air.

It doesn't make sense how five little outfits, two onesies, two blankets, bottles, diapers, and pacifiers can run up such a big bill. As they are eating the greasy food court food, Lindsey is observing Stevie.

"What's up?" Lindsey asks biting into his burger.

"I don't know, something is going to happen. I don't know what though." Stevie shrugs bringing a fork full of Pasta to her mouth.

"What like you're going to go into Labor?" Lindsey asks panic slowly rising in him.

"Maybe, I don't know. I feel perfectly fine but in the next few days something is going to happen." She states.

"I See." Lindsey nods.

Stevie is notorious for her premonitions. She was the one that predicted that she was going to get signed. It was only a few days after she had surgery to remove an ovarian cyst. She wasn't recovering well, as she had been in way more pain than normal and had to actually stay in the hospital for a night, instead of being able to go home like other people were able to do. Lindsey tried to get her to call in sick, but she refused saying something was going to happen that week and sure enough she was offered a record deal.

***

Twenty-four hours later, at two thirty in the afternoon, while Lindsey was at the grocery store, Annabelle was at school, and Stevie was doing the dishes when she hunched over quite abruptly and her right hand fell to her stomach.

"No C-Section." She chuckled as the pain subsided. She was having contractions, not the stupid prep contractions that she had been feeling for about three weeks.

She made it through the day without much trouble, her contractions weren't that close together, and the pain wasn't horrible yet. But she knew, she knew that she was going into labor. She decided not to go through with birthing classes this time around, having done everything already and her instincts told her exactly what to do.

It was around eleven thirty that night when things started getting really bad. She knew that her babies had moved down significantly since the beginning of the day, and even Lindsey started noticing it. They had the TV on when she let a moan squeak past her lips. The pain was starting to grow a slight bit more intense.

"Angel?" Lindsey questions sitting up quickly.

"Lindsey, I'm in labor." Stevie breathes out shakily.

"Well, shouldn't we like go to the Hospital or something?" Lindsey asks jumping out of bed and pulling on some jeans.

"No...No, not yet. It's still too early. Once my water breaks then we go." Stevie states changing into her nightgown.

"Are you sure?" Lindsey questions.

"Yes Lindsey, I have done this before." Stevie states as another pain overtakes her and she leans over the bed, one hand pushing on her stomach.

"Alright, just breathe Angel." Lindsey tries to coach her.

Stevie just nods and takes some deep breaths.

"Ooh, mmm." Stevie groans through the pain.

"Baby they're coming, we're going to have our girls soon." Lindsey coos going over to rub her back.

"I'm so ready to meet them." Stevie breathes out when the contraction passes.

"Me too Angel, metoo. And I bet that they can't wait to meet us." Lindsey smiles wrapping his arms around her.