Chapter 18

"What is it, darling?"

"I have a law degree, but also a minor in computer engineering, which means I can trace Hazel." We pull the car over in a safe spot. 

"Nat, what are you talking about?" I ask her.

"Ever since Logan, she wanted me to make her a necklace that she could wear so if anything happened to her that she would be found safely." She says, typing away on her laptop for a few minutes before bursting into tears. "I'm so sorry for lying to you Peter." She sobs and Peter gets out of the car and opens the back, pulling her into his arms.

"I'm not mad about that, darling. You were ashamed and you were looking out for your best friend." He kisses her on the head as she relaxes, pulling away to finish her job.

"Got a location for our girl. She's in Orlando." Nat says.

"Damnit. That's a two-hour drive." I reply, pulling the car into traffic. 

"Hazel, watch out baby girl, I'm coming to get you." I whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel's P.O.V

I wake up in the back of an SUV and resting my head on Nathan's shoulder. I jump and look around the surroundings. From the looks, it seems like we're in Orlando, Florida. 

"Ah, your awake darling." Nathan says and I resist the urge to shiver. We pull up to a church and right away, I knew my fate was bound to be sealed as the future Mrs. Blake. 

Watson has a better ring to it.

Why are you thinking of marriage when you are about to be married to someone forcibly?

Noah cares for you, also doesn't hurt that he looks extremely sexy in his pilot uniform, which I should remind you that he is a pilot and Nathan is not.

I'll need to find a way to stall this unfortunate event.

"Earth to Hazel?" Nathan says before helping me out of the SUV. I stumble a little on the gravel, but that causes Nathan to grab hold of my waist to steady me. We walk up the stairs together before he walks one way and I'm lead another, most likely towards the bridal suite. There are two ladies here, waiting and I resist the urge to start bawling my eyes out. One of the ladies comes up to me. Brown hair with highlights, up in a simple but elegant updo, floor-length baby blue dress and the same for the other bridesmaid.

"Are you ready, my dear?" She asks, gesturing me to the vanity where I sit down, and both ladies begin putting makeup on and styling my hair in order to put my veil on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, I stand in the back, with the two ladies before me and a bouquet of Zinnias, which I would not have picked for this wedding. The music plays and the ladies go first, then it's my turn. I walk out, seeing Nathan in front of the minster, looking at me with hunger in his eyes, my mother and Derek are sitting in the front row, and the two bridesmaids. 

Noah, please, hurry up.

I pray and then stop, acting like I got cold feet. My mother looks at me with anger in her eyes, but I turn my signature glare, which I learned from her, back to her. Derek looks relieved, so he must know Noah is coming.

"Darling, hurry up." My mother scowls and I comply, finish my trek up to the steps. I give my bouquet to one of the ladies and hold my hand in Nathan's just as the minster starts the ceremony.

"Is there anyone here who believes these two should not be married in holy matrimony?" The minster asks and my mother is just pressuring the minister to go on when the back door slams open.

"Get your filthy hands off my girl." Noah says and I turn to face him with a look of relief. I run down the steps just as he runs towards me and I leap into his arms, holding on for dear life. "Sweetheart, you're safe now." He says. 

"Noah, oh gosh." I hold on for dear life, clearly scared for my life when Natalie walks up behind Noah with a duffel bag.

"Let's go get you into some different clothes." She says and Noah lets me go to follow Natalie into the restrooms. We're inside when I hug her.

"Thank you." I say.

"It was all you, Hazel." She replies before pulling out a long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans for me to change into. I go into a stall and change, thankful to be out of that dress. We put the dress and the shoes gently into the bag and pull out some flats for me to wear and we walk out to see Peter holding Noah back. I rush up to him and put myself in front of him, enough to look down at me.

"You don't need to do this. I'm right here, safe." I say, holding my hands to his face. 

"He took you though. I should've seen it coming, but I didn't." He says, a look of defeat and grief passes on his face, "I broke my promise to keep you safe." He holds me in his arms when I feel wetness on my shoulder. I pull away to see tear streaks down his cheeks. I keep his head down and find a secluded area to sit him down. 

"It's okay, darling, let it out." I whisper and I hug him as I feel his body shake with sobs. I rub his back in soothing circles. I hear someone walk in and I turn to see Derek who takes a seat next to me. 

"I didn't want you to marry him anyway. Too much of a sleazeball." He chuckles before putting a kiss on my head. "I'm thankful you finally found someone who makes you happy." He says, leaving and I continue to hold Noah, when he pulls away.

"You doing okay?" I ask him and his reply is a toe-curling kiss. I lean into him, deepening the kiss and running my fingers up his back and into his hair, feeling the soft tresses when someone coughs. I hide my face in his chest while Noah tightens his grip on me.

"You need to stay away from her."