.: Chapter 32 :.

* Kaylee *

I was starting to lose hope. No, I am starting to lose hope...

No word from James, Aiden, or even Bret. Not a single word. I'm beginning to think Bret had forgotten about me. Maybe he found someone else... someone better looking than me. Someone who don't have a pyscho ex-boyfriend who wants to ruin my life. Someone who can make him happy..

Well either way, I've been thinking on an escape plan. With help or not, I'm getting the bloody hell out of here.  Even if I succeed or not, I'm still gonna try to get help. 

The backdoor is clear but I have to wait when everyone is asleep or busy. By everyone, I mean Matt. "Kaylee where the hell are you!?!" Speak the devil himself. His footstep were heard from upstairs and the first thing I grab is a vase. I hid it behind my back. Honestly I don't know what am I doing.

 I peeked a bit to see what Matt is doing. His back is turned as he looked over some furniture to find my hiding spot. Quietly, I tip-toed towards him with the vase in my hands, ready to hit him. As soon as Matt turned around.

BAM

The vase made contact with Matt's head, causing it to break into pieces. The force of the impact actually made him knocked out for a bit, making this my chance to get the hell out of here.

I ran through the back door, running in the back yard and jumped over the fence. Loud yells were heard in the house as Matt got furious from my actions. I remembered that James lives next door and I jumped over his fence to his backyard and banged on the door, praying someone would open.

"Someone please open the door! James!! Is anybody in there?!?!!" I yelled, making my throat hurt more than it was. Someone must of heard because the locks were being opened and the lights turned on.

Then as the door opened, I gasped at who I saw.

Bret.

Then not even for a second, Bret's arms were around my waist. His tears were tearing down my shirt and I couldn't help but cry aswell. "Kaylee.." He whispered as he hugged me tighter, pulling me into the house.

"What are you doing here?" I asked not planning to let him go. I missed him for too long and it's a miracle that everyone was right next door. "James contacted us about you and we all had to know what happened." He explained.

Then as our hug ended, we walked into the living room where everybody else was.

"KAYLEE?!?" Everyone was in shock and surprised to see me again. Vendetta got up and hugged me as gently as she can, since I'm very weak.

"I'm just so glad to see you." She said, trying to hold in her tears. I was finally back with everyone. Back with the people I love.

Then we heard banging on the door, causing the poor door to crack. Outside the window was Matt with a few guys behind him. I tried not to cry but I couldn't control myself.

"Open the damn door James!" Matt shouted from outside, continuing to bang on the door. "No Matt! Why don't you leave Kaylee alone? She loathe everything about you." James trying to be confident.

Matt had a crazed look in his eye, like a predator preparing to attack its prey. 

"HA! I don't give a damn if she hates me, she made a mistake falling in love with me four years ago." He said kicking on the door. Every kick he made, it makes more crack and starting to break off the hidges.

Bret grabs my hand and ran to pull me out of there. I'm glad he did cause I couldn't move a muscle. Once the door was finally broken, all hell broke lose as punches and screams were made left and right.

JC and Ray fought off the two guys Matt was with and didn't knew another one was behind them. This person had a gun as he was sneaking up to JC, aiming on his back. Before he could pull the trigger, a kick to his jaw from Alex stopped him.

James was fighting Matt off and stabbed his leg with a nearby knife. Once Matt was down, Vendetta started to punch his face, from his eye to his nose but Matt pushed her off and she fell into a glass table. Brandon went to help her up but another of Matt hinchmens kicked him at the back of his head.

Bret and Kaylee ran outside, no idea where were they going. "Bret please don't do this to yourself." I said. he was gonna say something but I continued. "You don't deserve to be with me in the first place. I don't know what you see in me. You deserve something who doesn't have a horrible pass with a psychotic ex boyfriend." I tried to say as I sobbed.

"I'm not leaving you Kaylee." He whispered and wiped my tears away. "I don't care if we run to the ends of the earth to get away from Matt. I just want you by my side until the day I die." He said

"Well wasn't that touching, too bad it won't last long." Matt said holding a gun in his right hand. I hold on to Bret as he tried to protect me in his arms.  "Matt please don't do something crazy or insane-" I said.

"CRAZY?! INSANE?! Sweetheart I thought you knew me by now but I guess if I can't have you then no one can." He pointed the gun at us, ready to shoot bullets to end our lifes permanently.

"Please Matt I beg you-" "Oh you're so cute when you beg babe. It was cute when you begged for me in bed a few nights ago." Matt said smirking at that horrible night. Bret tried to control his anger but Matt pointed the gun at us again.

"You're boyfriend said he wants to be 'by your side' when he dies so I'll just that little dream come true." He said ready to pull the trigger. "Don't worry babe, you'll join him too and I'll make sure you guys are buried next to eachother six feet under."

I could see my life flashing by my eyes. It ends here and it was my fault to bring someone else into this. A little strand of tear rolled down my cheek. I closed my eyes, waiting for the incoming pain to come.

BANG BANG

Gun shots were made but we weren't hit. I opened my eyes and saw Matt on the ground with his blood surrounding him. "What the-?" I asked. "What the hell." Bret said as we look at James who looked down at Matt's corpse.

"It had to be done." James whispered dropping the gun to the muddy grass.

Then we heard police sirens as two police officers rushed toward us and bring us inside. The cops were arresting Matt's gang members as other put Matt's dead body in those white body bags.

"You guys alright?" Asked an officer in his late 40s. "Yeah we are." Bret said holding on to me. "You're lucky your friend stopped him or you would of end up like him." he said. We nodded as the cop went back outside.

"Is everyone okay?" Bret asked. "Yeah we are." Alexx said. Haley was making sure Vendetta was fine. 

Once everything has died down. we thanked James for all of his help and left towards the car.Then all of a sudden, Bret took me in his arms, carrying me bridal style.

"I told you I wasn't gonna let you go." He whispered as he carried me towards the car. Finally I'm back home. ♡

--

Author's note: hello readers, I wanted to say is thank you for reading, voting and patiently waiting for me to get off my lazy bum to update this story. I haven't been ignoring anyone and I do feel guilty to keep all of my readers waiting for so long. But with school, stress, tumblr, and other things I lose interest in writing and end up in a writer's block.

But once again, thank you so much for voting and commenting on this story but as all of good stories, this one has to end soon. Thank you for loving and enjoying every single bit of this story. Hopefully I can slowly update more of my other stories to finish them all