.: Chapter 06 :.

A Few Weeks Later [Bret's P.O.V]

Everyone was ay my house, just hanging and drinking Jack Daniels. I was writing some lyrics for future reference.

Things had been awkward thanks to Lexus. She tried to make Kaylee the bad guy even though we're not even dating. But I wish Kaylee and I were dating, she's just perfect.

But I explained that Lexus was telling lies and Kaylee was just a friend of mine. People understood and lefted us alone. At least the fans were understanding but Lexus wasn't going down without a fight.

Kaylee and I were the only one inside while everyone else was outside with motorcycles and whiskey. Kaylee was going through Instagram on her phone. 

"Can we order something? I'm kinda straving." "Sure, want pizza?" "Okay." she saids and looks for the number.

I told everyone that we're getting pizza and went back inside. Kaylee hanged up the phone. "It will be here in 30 minutes." Then she looks at me with a worried look. "What's wrong?"

"Bret, you look really skinny. Please eat a little more? You're too great and I'll be hurt if something happens to you." I was surprise at the tone of her voice. She cares for my health. Lexus never did.

All Lexus cared about was partying, spending my money, and drinking. Kaylee cares about me for me. Now I'm determined to make Kaylee mine.

[Kaylee's P.O.V]

The pizza arrived and everyone grabbed a slice like if there lifes depends on it. I was the last one to grab a slice. We had enough for a while.

What I told Bret was from my concern. He's too skinny and I see his bones. I know he's healthy but I want him to eat alittle more. 

"Hey Kaylee can we talk for a minute?" Bret asked and I nodded. He leads me outside and we walked for a bit to enjoy the fresh air.

"Kaylee these few weeks were really great. Since the time at the bar before Lexus inturrpted and when I was your date for the art gallery opening." "Well I'm glad you feel that Bret. I had fun hanging out with you too."

Then he was getting a bit serious to the next question. "What's your ideal for a guy?" I have no idea how to answer this.

"Well I want someone who is sweet, cares for their friends and family, and adventurous. Kinda like how you are Bret. Why you ask?" "Well I think you're an amazing person and I kinda wish we bring this friendship of ours to a whole new level."

Then in my mind, I started to get worried. "Oh Bret. I'm glad that your confessing this but I don't think I'm ready for being offical. I mean we're total opposites. You go out and party with your friends and I wouls rather stay home and read a horror novel."

I looked in his eyes for a moment before going on. "I really do like you Bret but I can't shake the thought of a prettier girl coming along and stealing your heart. You're gonna be famous, your band is gonna travel the world one day and girls will be screaming your name. I don't think I could handle this."

"Don't say that Kaylee, what you said is gonna be true but I won't care. If we were together, I would bring you on tours so fans can meet you. I wouldn't leave your side for one second. Please give this a chance Kaylee?" 

I sighed but I was still scared. I'm don't have the best history from my ex-boyfriends. "I still don't think this is a great idea. Give me time to think this through. I'm gonna go home. I'll see you later Bret."

I kissed his cheek and walked away. A single tear was coming down my cheek. I just rejected the perfect guy. My fear got the best of me.

[Bret's P.O.V]

I couldn't believe it. Kaylee rejected my offer for being my girlfriend. She has pain in her eyes. I went back and Ven saw me. "Where's Kaylee?" "She went home." "Why?"

"Well I asked her if she wants to be my girlfriend. She had pain in her eyes and rejected me. I wanted to know why but she lefted."

"Oh. I know why. She's scared of being in a relationship." "Why?" "It was her ex fault. Instead of loving her like how boyfriends should, he used her, hurt her, forced into things she doesn't like and etc. He didn't loved Kaylee at all. He just used her cause she was getting know for her art and her modeling."

I couldn't believe this. That bastard. "Now she thinks every guy is the same and been single ever since. I told her it's not like that but she won't accept it. I know she likes you Bret but she fears that you'll do cheat on her since you're gonna be famous."

"But I'm not like that. Kaylee's different for any girl I met and I want to prove to her that's she special. Now I can't cause she won't give me a chance."

--

Kind of a sad chapter :c Wanted to update it.

Vote and Comment for Chapter 07~ <3

-Gretchen