.: Chapter 23 :.

[Bret's POV]

Everyone were in Alex and Amanda's place, celebrating for the new year to come. Every one was here with their girlfriends except for JC who has lady friends. I was trying to find Kaylee through this crowd, which isn't that hard since she's the only person with lavender hair.

I'm really happy that I'm celebrating the New Years with Kaylee. She's an amazing person and I'm so damn lucky to have someone like her as my girlfriend.

"Have you guys seen Kaylee?" I asked Ven and Brandon who were getting close on the sofa. "She went outside since it's so crowded in here." Ven said. "Thanks." I told them and went outside.

Once I got there, I see her sitting on a bench near the pool, looking at the sky. I sneak up behind her and wrapped my arm around her waist. I pecked her cheek as she giggled. "Hey beautiful." "Hi Bret." She smiles at me.

"Why are you out here?" "It's really crowded in there so I came out here. I'm so glad that you could join me." "I'm so glad that I am joining you."

I sat next to her and pulled her close. "Why are you so cold?" "I forgot my jacket inside." She said. "Why are you so warm?" "I have no idea honestly." I laughed.

"I have to say that this year was the best year for me." I told her. She looks at me and smiles. "Why is that?" "Well my band had gotten more popular and more people listened to our music. We've gotten to tour across the country with many bands. Made our first music video and you became my wonderful girlfriend."

She blushes and pecks my cheek. "Awh. I'm really glad your band has gotten more successful than before. I'm also really glad that you became my boyfriend who loves whiskey more than me." She jokes.

"Come on, you know I love you way more than whiskey and I do really love whiskey." I laughed. "Aw I'm special." She cuddles with me for warmth.

"I'm sure that 2014 will be a better year for everyone and including us." "Why?" she asked and I took out a little black box with a small red bow on it. 'Here's goes nothing.'

I got up from the bench and told her to stand up as well. She looked confused until I got down in one knee. She gasps and covers her mouth.

"Kaylee, not only that you're my girlfriend but you're my soul mate. I know that when we first met, I was the biggest asshole that you had ever met. It was wrong of me but I'm glad that you forgave me. These past 10 months had been just amazing, knowing that you're the last thing I see before sleeping and the first I see when I wake up. What I'm trying to say is I love you and will always love you till I die. So Kaylee Nicole White, you will you marry me and become my wife?"

I opened the box which had a small diamond ring inside. The silence was killing me waiting on her answer. She smiles at me as she wipes her tears away.

"Yes Bret, I will marry you." Once I heard those words, I got up and kissed her. The whole world had stopped for the both of us. This was acutally happening. Kaylee is gonna be my wife and possible the mother to my future kids.

I put the ring on her finger and kissed her again,holding her close to me. "I love you Kaylee" I whispered to her. She kisses me again. "I love you too Bret." I kissed her again, not wanting this moment to end.

But this moment had to end cause Tyler was calling us to get back inside. "Time for the countdown!" He called out. I grabbed her hand and walked back inside to the living room. Someone gave us two glasses of whiskey and waited for midnight.

"So when do we tell them?" I asked her. "Wait till next year." She said which is in 3 minutes. "I'm actually excited for this." She said. "Why?" "Cause I never had my New Years kiss yet." "You didn't with Matt." "No we didn't last till New Years." 

Then the ball was coming down from Times Square. We were for the last 5 seconds to count down. Every one was with their girlfriends waiting for the New Years to come around. Soon we were counting from 5.

By the time we said one,we all shouted "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" 2013 was offically finished and 2014 is already here. Brandon kissed Ven and so did Alex to Amanda. I kissed Kaylee to celebrate as for JC was kissing an empty bottle of Jack Daniels.

"Happy New Year babe." "Happy New Year baby." I pecked her lips again until someone shouted at us. "Is that a ring I see on your finger Kaylee?" Amanda asked. She laughed and nodded.

"I guess you guys can say that 'we're official'. Kaylee and I are engaged." I told them as they cheered for us. Ven hugged Kaylee as the guys cheered for me.

For the rest of the night, I guess none of us even went to bed unless it's for something else. Kaylee and I went home around 4am and went straight to bed. This year is gonna be the best year of our lives.

--

Vote and Comment for Chapter 24! (it's not over yet ;3)

-Gretchen <3