Chapter 2- New Arrival

Chapter 2- New arrival

    Already an hour has gone by, and he has shown no sign of waking up. I watched as he slept in my bed quietly. His breathing was slow and steady; almost soothing. I sat in a small rocking chair next to the bed, eating a ham sandwich. While eating, I thought about this creature and that he had no presence of evil surrounding him. Were my instincts wrong, or was I wrong to begin with?

    Amoment later, I heard a groan coming from the creature. I watched carefully as his eyes were forced to slowly open. I must've gave him a scare as he quickly jumped out of the bed and literally climbed up on the wall, onto the ceiling. I jolted to my feet.

    "It's okay! I'm not going to hurt you!" I assured. His breathing was as fast as a kittens. He stared at me for a long while, and I stood in the same spot, staring at him.

    "Can you understand me?" I finally asked. It grew quiet again, but after a minute, he finally spoke.

    "Yes I can." the creature fell from the ceiling and landed on the ground in front of me. I grew suddenly scared with him being so close to me, and I became quiet.

    "My name in english is Tiger. In my language, it's Kybe." he said.

    "Oh, my name is Christina, but you can call me Christy." I smiled. My mind was now full of questions, and I grew anxious to know how he can speak our language. "You're one of those monsters, right?"

    "So that's what you humans call us, but unfortunatly, yes. We call out planet Zedbugg." This creature was no longer afraid, but frilled with joys. That's when I had to ask.

    "How come you're not attacking me?"

    His eyes became wide with shock, but then he sighed and sat down on my bed. I pulled up the rocking chair and sat face to face with him.

    "Only because I'm a rare breed on my planet. My family does not wish to attck or eat living things. The only meat we eat is dead. We are considered vegatarians, and because of our actions, we are also considered criminals and are hunted down and killed." he explained. I got the situation, but not I wanted to know something else.

    I was about to ask until I noticed Tigers pointed ears flintch. Tiger stood up and ran to look out the window.

    "What's wrong?" I asked.

    "Danger, we need to leave now!" he grabbed my hand and ran out of the room. Tiger took me through the back doow and toward the river.

    "We can't jump into the river, it's contaminated!" I yelled, but he ignored me and off the small cliff, we jumped.

    I heard an explosion behind us and fire as it chased us down the cliff and into the river. The whole time Tiger never let my hand go.