Chapter 14-Recovered

We walked down the halls, straying away from any soldier that began to walk our way. It was odd, but I felt just as comfortable around Jackal as if he was a normal human. It was the same with Kybe as well.

It was then that we found our way using maps and signs to where they kept Kybe and the other aliens.

Jackal and I walked straight up to the bulletproof room where a man dressed in a white suit stood, patiently waiting until his eyes caught the disguised Jackal.

"Ah, vice-captain McKinan. Finally you are here. Subject 219 is refusing to listen and only wishes to speak to you. Your assistant will not be needed." he said.

"Oh, she shall accompany me through and through, I'm sure he will not mind one bit. Take all the soldiers out of the area. It will make 219 uncomfortable. Thank you."

I followed Jackal passed the man, into the room that a couple of soldiers helped us into by placing a code in to open the doors. Behind us, the doors automatically closed, clicking with a lock. No windows or mirrors were in the room. Just blackness with one light that hovered over subject 219 as he sat, chained to the ground in the middle of the room.

Forgetting my disguise, I ran up to him, kneeling beside Kybe before he could even realize it was me. His eyes were wide open, shocked to see me in such a place.

"Christina, what are you doing here?" he coughed, blood spilling out of his mouth. I noticed the bruises and cuts around his body while his hands and feet were chained to the ground like he was some type of wild animal.

"Jackal and I, we are here to help you." I said, placing my forehead onto his. His hot breath flowed along my face and lips, causing them to go numb.

"You shouldn't have come here. It is too dangerous for you."

"It is too late now, 219. Fang wants you back, now." Jackal returned to his formal form, walking closer to Kybe in the process.

"Fang...I know what he wants."