Chapter 10-The Professor

The footsteps that echoed through the metallic halls grew louder as the figure forming them grew closer to my cell to reveal a spectical-faced man. He was slim and tall, but held the fierce eyes of a predator as they preyed on me with a large grin forming on his lips as he spoke.

"My, its been long since I've seen a human female in my lovely abode. Don't worry dear, I'll take very good care of you." He used a large ring of keys to open thr cell that soon came a with a screeching creek from thr much needed oil cell doors. But, instead of unshackling me first, he instead knelt down and pulled out a long needle from his pocket, releasing tbe cap off of it and bringing it into contact with the skin on my stomach.

"What are you doing?" I growled, soon feeling the drug over whelm me, my body going limp and numb.

"Just a quick dose so it will be easier for me to transfer you without a fight." he smiled, now taking the restraints off and pulling me by my hands along the cold ground from the cell. With the inabillity to speak, I stared up at the ceiling while being dragged. I wanted to screem, so free myself and run away, but knowing that my body wouldn't move, I was quick to give up fighting the drug.

The man, with much effort, lifted me up onto a lab table. It was cold from the distiling air in the room. He was quick to shut and lock the door after placing the restraints from the table around my wrists and ankles.

"I'm Professor Norman, and you are subject 387. All the subjects here don't have names, since they are inhumane." he spoke, his back turned to me as he fiddled with sorts of glass vials on the counter to my right. I was finally able to turn my head and speak soon after.

"You're the one that's inhumane. These creatures have nothing to do with you, and yet you do all that you wish to them. It's sickening!"

He cringed at my words. "And yet, you were thr one following one of those beasts around nonchalantly. These things eat and kill our kind, presenting themselves to be on top of the food chain. I am fighting for our rightful spot back."

"They have every right to do with us as they please!"

"You really believe that story of theirs?" he laughed loudly, his whole body shaking from the vibrations of his voice. "You are a fool. You are lucky I don't kill you here and now,  but sadly I need you."

"To see if I am one of those immune?"

"I see subject 512 already informed you on that word. But he knows best not to spoil the details. If you are immune or if I can make you immune, you will be part of our special military unit to fight back against these creatures, along with help from their traitors."

"You mean the vegetarians? Then if we win, what do you plan to do them?" He turned around to me, took and empty needle, and began to take some of my blood from my shoulder.

"Simple; I'm going to kill them too."

He turned with the full vial and began to pour the blood into the liquid. The mixture turned into the color of black so dark, it was like you could see the galaxies within it. Norman's eyes grew wide until turning dark and faded into the shadows of his hairline. Without a word, Norman grabbed a large hammer-like item from under the counter,and threw it down onto me, a large shock of pain running from my right knee as the sound of crackling came to bring a ringing to my ears. Adreniline ran through my body, muting any screams from my mouth as I writhed in pain. The Professor laughed loudly again, drool forming from the corner of his mouth.

"A trick! You're kind cannot fool me! You are tainted, you cannot live!" He raised the mallet above his head, now looking me dead in the eyes for me to know he was aiming for my skull. He began to thrust down, causing me to instinctivley close my eyes, but a sudden forced cause the table to fall over. The restraints were off from the impact at the same time as my body hit the ground. The professor quickly fell to the ground, without his head, until it rolled next to the blood-soaked neck. With wide eyes, I looked up to see the figure hovering over the body, blood spattered on his body. He looked down at me, but instead of anger, it was with sincerity. The same look and face that Kybe would give me.

"I found you,"