Chapter 3-Questions

Chapter 3-Questions

    The feeling of cold liquid dripping on my face caused an annoying sensation to run through my body. When my eyes opened, I looked into his. My body lied on the ground while he sat on his knees next to me, his face hovering a few feet from mine, but his damp hair dangled down to let water fall.

    Realizing why he was wet, I began to cough on choked up water and sat up. He lightly smiled, sighing with relief.

    “I was afraid you wouldn’t wake up.” he said.

    “Where are we?” I turned my head all sorts of directions, taking in my surroundings. We were in the middle of what seemed like a forest, but the trees were half dead from slowly soaking up contaminated water. Their leaves were dry, but not weak enough to fall. The grass was dry as well, with the dirt feeling crusty.

    “The river took us down pretty far. Whoever was chasing us, wouldn’t be able to find our positions for a few more hours, hopefully.”

    “Why were those people trying to kill us?” I was now sitting on my knees with a curious look on my face as I questioned him. His golden eyes full of guilt and fear. He was not use to humans, or he was afraid of something else.

    “I-I did something wrong,” his hand began to comb his wet hair back as he looked away. “I went where I shouldn’t have, and they began to attack me. I don’t know why, but they have followed me ever since. It’s been a couple of days now.”

    “But that wouldn’t make any sense. There are more of your kind here on earth than there are humans. Why would they be chasing after you specifically?” I asked. He opened his mouth as to say something, but then quickly shut it. His eyes would look into mine, then away. He was hiding something, and I needed to know.

    With a sigh, though, I stood up and stretched out my arms. He stood with me, still looking away. This silence left me with unease. It was awkward being alone with a monster like him, even if he was “innocent”. I still couldn’t trust him fully.

    “Let’s go,” I said, beginning to walk in whatever direction. The sun was setting, causing the air to chill. Walking would do me good to keep me warm.

    “Go where?”

    I turned and smiled. “To wherever; we need to at least find shelter or some kind of food, or else we won’t survive. I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty starving.”

    He tried to hold back a grin as he agreed. There definitely was something wrong with him, but something about it is was I began to like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry i havn't updated at all!!!! but with publishing my recent book, I've had a major writer's block, but now im ready and back in action :D. I will start to continue updating stories that people want me to continue. Thank you for the support you guys :D