CHAPTER 19: FIRSTBORN

SCENE: UPSTAIRS... in the Armstrong mansion.. Aisha has gotten ready for bed, in the guest bedroom, with a burgundy décor.. a far cry from her purple room back on Swann Street, but she's right next to Bo's room, so she feels better...

 a far cry from her purple room back on Swann Street, but she's right next to Bo's room, so she feels better

"On some real shit? You look like yo daddy," Bo tells me.

"Stop sayin' dat shit," I tell him, sleepy.

"I thought chu would be glad about it. Tae gotcho back. Who got the new Jays?" Bo ask me.

"Julius got 'em, you know dat -- I ain't been keepin' up really, I saw some shit on the Gram about Flossy funeral tho," I let him know.

"I ain't even really got shit to say mane, on some real shit, no rest in peace, no nothin', even tho me and Flossy was cool at times," Bo tells me back.

"Fuck Flossy. Dat's some real shit," I say back..

"You right. Blow me a kiss," Bo whisper, so I do it.

"I love you Poot," he tells me, soundin' kinda sad.

"I love you too Bo. And I seen all that shit Lacey text you, 'bout how she miss you, how you was her first, and she gotcho first baby, and how you said you had feelings for her and shit--"

"Aisha my love is fo' you. I thought I proved dat shit, I ain't thinkin' bout no fuckin' Lacey," he cuts me off and tells me.

"She gotcho son tho, so, I'm just sayin' like she was sayin'. You gotta have some kinda love for her for givin' you yo first child," I tell him, thinking about Delontae.

"Love for her and IN love wit her - is two different thangs. Err time I say dat shit she twist dat shit up like I wanna fuck," he tells me and starts talkin' to some nigga.

"I'm back Isha," Bo says.

"I'm so sleepy. And Tae keep callin' yo phone back," I tell my man when Tae beep in again.

"Talk to 'em," Bo suggests.

"No," I smack.

"Dat's on you. You rememba dat last time we was together?" Bo ask me.

"Hell yeah. Da night Trent snatched us up," I say, thinkin' about Pop.. please God, just let her sleep if she can't be the old Pop that ws my best friend. I think about it, and get mad all over again at Trent. Delontae killed his ass.

"I know you still fucked up Aisha. But I ain't talkin' 'bout dat part," Bo tells me. I smile.

"What part chu talkin' about?" I ask him back and snuggle in to talk in secret to him. I love Bo and I miss him so much. He gone be my baby daddy...

"Aisha! Aisha!"...

I wake up, the phone still in my hand. It's dead, I was talking to Bo, I remember. And I look up -- and it's light outside. I look around-