CHAPTER 18: MISS BEVERLY

SCENE: IT'S A WEEK LATER... chillin' in Aisha's bedroom..

My song keeps playing on the radio and my phone keeps ringing nonstop too

My song keeps playing on the radio and my phone keeps ringing nonstop too. Errbody wanna know about me or what happened to me, and I just want my damn car back. So I can just pull off in it and get hid. I just wanna be in my own lil' world right now. Just me and my music. I adjust my headphones and close my eyes, locked in my bedroom...

Everybody is in jail. Everybody. Everybody except for me, Pop, and my daddy. Zo Butler. Pop is still in the hospital, with her mama arguing with the doctors about pullin' the plug. And I don't wanna think about it.

And I don't wanna think about Delontae being my daddy either. But his mama down there saying that they got the DNA results. And that its true. Delontae Tolliver is my daddy.

When all I can see is how Delontae stared at me after he killed Trent.

He didn't stare into my eyes like no daddy. Hell naw. I felt that shit. Deep in my soul when Delontae said:

"You see the shit you make me do Aisha?" Delontae asked me that shit and it almost killed me, I fell so crazy in love for him. In that moment. And they took him away.

My heart jumps and thumps in my chest just thinking about it... 

I got it wrong. I'm just a little girl, Delontae don't want me. And he's, my daddy.

Delontae's mama been over here every day, her and her sisters and her brotha, and even Bo mama been comin', Miss Beverly believes it too -- they all been arguin' wit my daddy about me and saying let me be with my real family. Delontae's mama been begging for me like crazy. Every damn day she comes, and it's breaking my fucking heart, the way my daddy Zo Butler just been crying. Oh God. This shit is so crazy. But from what I can get:

Delontae was in love with my mama. But she kept sleeping with my daddy Zo, in secret, behind Delontae's back.

They saying everybody was afraid of Delontae and scared of my daddy Zo Butler too back then. Him and Delontae was best friends-- but Delontae mama talks like my daddy Zo jus turned on Delontae and was being so lowdown and dirty back then and jealous. All because Delontae had all the money and could hustle way better. So my daddy Zo was snatching my mama up-- even kidnappin' her and holdin' her fuckin' hostage two times.

 So when my mama got pregnant, Delontae and my daddy Zo got into it over some dope, and while they argued my daddy pulled a gun to shoot Tae. They wrestled over it, and Tae shot my daddy Zo in the stomach and ran. Come to find out, my daddy and Delontae stayed into wit Bo mama's cousin: a man named Choncie Peterson. And that's who got blamed for shooting my daddy Zo. And from what I heard Miss Beverly saying, my daddy Zo never snitched on Big Tae.

Anyway, my daddy Zo demanded a DNA test on me when he got arrested, and I turned out to be my daddy's. Zo Butler's. Mis Beverly and them said that Delontae got so mad about me not being his, that Delontae went into a rage, and he shot and killed Choncie Peterson's brother at a party, and that's when Delontae went to prison. And then Choncie Peterson turned around when he got off for lack of evidence on shooting my daddy, and really did shoot my daddy Zo-- Choncie shot my daddy Zo in the face for revenge for the whole shit.