13.

Annora had been acting really weird and it was starting to bother me, a lot. I had tried everything to lift her mood but she'd just snap at me. We had to go for her birthday shopping and that's when Annora told me and Michael how she really felt.

"Annora!" I called out, "we have to leave baby,"

She came running and hugged Michael as Michael carried her in his arms, "hiii mikel uncle,"

"Ah, Annora," Michael groaned, "You're gonna be 5 in two days, you can at least say Michael properly now,"

She giggled, "Mikel,"

Michael rolled his eyes, "So what do you wanna buy for your birthday?" he spoke as we walked out of the house and I locked the door.

"Jeans!" Annora said excitedly.

"Yay!" Michael high-fived her.

"Nooo," I groaned, "Annora, frocks are cute!"

"Shut up, mommy," Michael pouted.

"Go away!" I pushed him slightly.

He fake gasped, "Annora, your mom wants me to fall!"

"Bad mommy," Annora booed.

"Shut up," I muttered, "He wasn't even gonna fall with such a small smack, though I wish he did.."

"I did fall for you with a teeny weeny smack," he winked.

"Michael!" I snapped, "Not again!"

"I love flirting with you when Annora's around," he smirked. 

"It's just uncomfortable," I rolled my eyes.

"Mom," Annora said as we sat in the car, "When are we buying our own car?"

I bit my lower lip but Michael answered for me, "You want your own car? Why? my car is too old for you? Or is it boring?" he fake pouted.

I smiled slightly, he was so understanding.

"No..." Annora trailed off, "my friend Chris.. his dad has his own car,"

"So?" I asked, "We don't have to buy things just because your friend's dad has it,"

"I know," she frowned, "I like Mikel uncle.." she sighed.

"Annora, what's wrong baby?" I asked, a little concern.

"Where's my dad mommy?" she asked, her face as if she was just going to cry.

"Annora.. I -" I trailed off, but I had no answer. I would explain everything to her once she was old enough to understand it  but her questions always caught me off guard, "Annora, your dad left us," I said.

"What do you mean he left us?!" Annora asked, a little anger in her tone. 

"Look, Annora, your daddy will never come back to us, okay?" I told her, softly.

Michael was looking at us and the road, he knew how intense this situation was so he chose not to speak anything.

"I want a daddy!" Annora flustered.

"I know," I nodded, "but he left us. It's just me and you, okay?" 

"I don't care!" Annora said stubbornly, "I want a daddy!"

"Annora," I sighed, "We'll talk about this later, okay?"

"And till then, you have me," Michael said.

"I want you to be my daddy, then!" Annora said.

"Annora!" I said, "you don't know what you're talking about,"

"Everyone has a daddy! Everyone! All of my friends. I want a daddy too. Why can't I have my own daddy?" 

"Because he left us!" I said in a louder pitch, "He left us goddammit! You want your dad but he clearly didn't want us! Do you understand? Its just me and you. JUST US!"

"Don't yell at me!" she yelled.

"Then listen to me!" I said.

"Fine!" she snapped and climbed at the back seat.

I sighed, "Annora, listen, I am sorry for yelling at you like that,"

"It's okay," she mumbled, "I won't ask about daddy anymore,"

"I just want you to understand me," I said.

"I underzand," she said, "I said I won't talk about daddy. He is bad,"

Michael smiled, "Annora, what colour jeans do you want?"

"Black!" she grinned, "just like yours!"

"Yeah?" Michael looked at me and smirked, "you don't want a frock?"

"No," Annora replied, "mommy, is that okay?"

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, frocks are still better,"

"Nahhhh," they both said together.

The entire way Annora was busy looking out of the car through the window, being fascinated by bicycles and other cars while Michael grabbed my hand slightly for a few seconds, "You have me, alright?" he said.

I nodded, "Thanks for being there today,"

He just smiled, "Its no problem,"

"She likes you a lot, you know?" I said.

"Oh, I know," he grinned, "I like her more,"

"Whatever, she likes me the best," I said.

"Oh oh, someone's being jealous," 

"I am not!" I said, "I'm just saying.."

He laughed and softly pecked my cheek, which caused me to bite my lower lip, his lips were so intoxicating, "You're cute,"

"You're cuter," I said.

"Would you mind if we made out a little while Annora tried on some jeans?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Yes!" I slapped his arm.

"Okay, okay," he laughed, "I'm kidding," though I heard him whisper to himself, "totally not,"