7.

A month had passed really well. Annora spent the weekend with her grandma again and she wasn't that excited about this one because apparently she wanted to spend more time with Michael. The next Monday Annora did not have school because of really bad rain, so that was another reason for me to wake up late. I really needed a job, I kept telling myself but I did absolutely nothing about it.

After making Annora take a bath, I went to take a shower. I could hear Annora talking about something but I assumed that she was just playing with herself because there was nobody else in this house. I really felt bad that sometimes Annora had to stick up to playing with herself or me or Elinda. Because there was nobody around her age near this lane. I was also glad that she made friends in playgroup and she gets so happy to talk about them, its adorable. It was a little weird, probably strange that Annora could make friends faster than me.

"Mommy!" I heard Annora shout from the living room.

"Yes?" I answered from the bathroom.

"Someone's on the door!" she yelled back.

"ANNORA DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. WAIT FOR ME, I'LL DO IT," I instructed her.

I was that overprotective mother that would not let her child open the door when she's alone in the living room, well, I don't exactly want someone to come up on my door and think my daughter is alone and abduct her, right?

"Mommy, I know how to open the door. You taught me last night," she insisted.

I had to be super fast so I just wrap a towel around me and got out of the bathroom, "Don't open the door! Wait, I'll just wear a night gown and -"

I almost gave out an inhumane voice when I got to the living room, Annora had opened the door and she was now giggling uncontrollably, while I stood there with my cheeks burning - in just a towel around my body - facing Michael.

"Uh.." he trailed off and bit his lower lip, "If Annora wasn't here, damn I would compliment you in the best way possible,"

"Mikel Uncle just say it, Annora is a big girl now," Annora grinned pleasantly.

'Just shut up," I frowned at Michael, "And Annora, I asked you not to open the door!"

"I knew it was Mikel uncle, mommy, I.called him," she explained.

"Yes, and she opened the door at the right time," Michael smirked looking at me from head to toe.

"Both of you are so annoying!" I muttered and ran back to my bedroom to wear something that was presentable.

"Mommy you can't call Annora annoying," I heard Annora whine from outside my room.

"But you are annoying," I replied as I wore black leggings and a blue plain top which was as long as my knees.

"Mommy is mean," I heard Michael.

"She's my mommy!" Annora replied to Michael.

"She's my mommy!" Michael repeated.

"No! My mommy!" Annora argued.

"No! My mommy!" Michael chuckled.

"Why are you copying me?" Annora asked in an irritated tone.

"Why are you copying me?" Michael repeated.

"Mommy! Tell Mikel uncle that you're mine!" Annora knocked my door.

"Mommy! Tell Annora aunt that you're mine!" Michael mocked her.

I sighed and opened the door and glared at Michael, "why are you teasing her?"

"Because she's cute when she's annoyed," Michael explained.

Annora frowned and held out her arms so I could pick her up from Michael's arms, "Why did you call him?" I asked her as I held her in my arm.

"She wants to go out for lunch with me and you," Michael explained.

"Annora," I sighed, "You just had junk food yesterday. You can't keep eating junk food everyday,"

"Mommy," she pouted, "Just one more time, pleaseee,"

And since I can't let Annora down and feel compelled to do everything she asks me to, I agreed with it.

"Fine," I replied, "Lets get ready,"

She squealed and kissed me on my cheek, "I love you, mommy!"

"I love you, too," I set her down so I could remove her new frock that she got with her grandma and she ran to wash her face in the bathroom.

Michael suddenly pulled me in, in a swift second, "you looked really hot, you know?"

"Will you ever stop hitting on me?" I asked him.

"Let me think about it...... um, no,"

"Why not?" I asked.

"I have the biggest crush on you," he smirked.

"You know your crush is going nowhere because - one - I am not interested in younger guys. And two - I don't think Annora will like her mom hooking up with her biggest crush,"

"Don't you worry about Annora," he whispered in my ear, "She's quite mature to let you have me,"

"Get away from me before she comes," I pushed him slightly.

"Well, let's go for lunch!" he yelled in a  quirky tone so Annora would hear him and then came closer to me and whispered in my ear, "Its a date, miss."