11.

My head was resting on Michael's chest and his hands were rubbing my back, asking me to relax a little but I couldn't. It was Annora.

"It'll be fine, Sel," Michael kept saying, "The doctor said its nothing very serious,

"If its nothing serious then why won't they let me meet her?!" I flustered.

"Probably because she's unconscious," he replied calmly, "Just relax. She's gonna be fine,"

"You don't understand," I muttered while scooting closer to him and letting a few more tear drops to fall, "She's very sensitive.  The same thing happened to her when she was 2 years old. Her chest hurts and she finds it hard to breathe. She's not fine!"

"Just try to keep calm!" his voice got louder, "I'm not liking this situation either, I would pretty much like to do something else -"

I looked up at him, "Then go!" I replied, flustered, "I did not ask you to come here! It was your own decision. I can handle my daughter just fine!"

"This is your problem!" He scooted away from me, "You think everyone is trying to prove themselves as better caretakers of Annora when people are doing absolutely nothing like that! Everyone knows you're her mom, and you know her better. You're just so fucking insecure!"

"Well?" I argued, "Your point is? I did not say you're trying to.prove something here - or whatever. I'm saying if you would like to do something else just go!"

"You have a bad habit of not listening to what a person really wants to say! I was saying that I would like to do something else like take you and Annora out for a movie and then put Annora to sleep and make out with you!"

I blushed slightly, "Uh, I - I'm sorry,"

"I don't really like Annora being in there, either," he said, "Honestly, I know this may sound ridiculous but I'm attached to her, okay? And its killing me that she's going through all of that and there's nothing I can do about it,"

"I know. I just - I'm sorry. I'm really disturbed right now and I thought you were taunting me and -"

"It's okay," he said, "it doesn't matter,"

"No. I was being rude and -"

He pulled me closer to him and pressed his lips against mine, "I understand," he said, breaking the small kiss.

"Thank you," I said.

"Its nothing, actually," he said.

"You don't know how much you're helping me right now. You're somehow helping me to keep it together," I said.

He smiled, "There's a lot of things that you're helping me with, too. So if we would have to thank each other everytime - I guess all I would ever say is a thank you."