Chapter 8

I stared into her sparkling eyes and was almost mesmerised. No I was mesmerised for if I hadn't been I would have asked .... I would have questioned how she knew my name.

"Who are you?" I asked instead.

"Meredith Blanc," she said happily. So happy she actually did a twirl. I stared at her. I had never seen anyone sparkle so. Still she must be human. She couldn't be anything else. I should be able to detect it if she were.

Just then the bell rang. I swiftly glanced at the direction where the throng of footsteps racing for their classes rang out.

"Shall we?" Meredith held out her hand. Looking at it selender and pale I knew I had found a bossom friend. I reached out readily to grasp her hand and was almist halfway back to where the classes were before I remembered to ask her.

"What was that room in the end? A sick bay?" I asked.

She paused to turn back and stare at me. "Yes, you could say that," she finally said quietly.

"Who was it in there? Do you know?"

But she only shook her head before tightening her grasp of my hand to tug me after her.

My thoughts turned to drift on the person I saw at the sick room but once again my thoughts got jolted off track.

Fin!

I could not believe his gall. He appeared here too. I wandered for a moment whether he would notice me but not for long for he started to make his way straight towards me.

NO!

I thought it in my head and only barely refrained from denying him outright. He couldn't be here. He couldn't be the one to draw me back to the limelight. Even now as he was making his way over, heads were turning. All were following his foot steps. They would see where they led him. They would know it took him straight to me. It was only a natural curiosity one that existed in every human that would have them question next. Why?  Why her? Who was she?

And then once again I would be under the scrutiny of everyone..  once again my efforts to twart my destiny would be in vain.

.