~Chapter 11~

J A C K

I was under immense pressure now. I had to help Elsa or she’d either end up in the Hunger Games or get killed by one of the instructors.

She was alone in her dorm and I knocked to ask if it was okay to enter. “Come in,” came a sad voice; it belonged to Elsa. “Hey, Jake,” she greeted, sitting on her bed, cross-legged, with her head in her hands.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, putting a hand on her back. “Jake, you and I both know that I’m failing my initiation,” she said and I fought the urge to wrap my arms around her and tell her that it would be okay. “No, Elsa, I overheard the trainers talking and they said that you’re doing fine,” I lied but she saw through the lie and sighed.

“Jake, I don’t know what to do, I don’t want to die,” she said, looking at me with wide eyes, there were tears gleaming in them. I closed my eyes so that she didn’t see the tears starting to form. “Elsa, I came here to tell you that I can help you but I need you to co-operate with me,” I said in a rush.

“Wha-? What do you mean?” she asked, completely freaked out.

“I’ll help you train, extra practice. It’ll be easy. Meet me in the training room at midnight,” I said, before opening the door. “Wait! It’s against the rules to sneak out,” she replied.

“It’s eitherbreaking the rules or dying, your pick,” I joked and she sighed.

“Fine,” she answered and I left without another word.

***

 “Jake? Jake are you here?” I heard a whisper.

“Elsa? Is that you?”

“No, it’s the pizza man,” she said sarcastically and I laughed.

“Okay, okay, let’s get started,” I told her and we started training.

First, I reviewed all my instructions on how to use a gun, before firing it, Elsa suddenly stopped. “Hey, I need to ask you something,” she said. “Go ahead,” I replied. “How does no one know that we’re here?” she asked quietly.

“That’s a long story for another day, let’s leave it at that,” I answered, glancing at the cameras. The truth was that Aneira had rigged the cameras so that they showed the room as being empty, when in fact, it wasn’t.

“And…why are you helping me?” She asked. “Because you don’t deserve to die, you have your whole life ahead of you and I don’t think you need to die,” I replied. I had rehearsed this and I knew exactly what to say.

“And one last question,” she asked.

“What is this, twenty-questions?” I joked. She smiled and punched my arm playfully.

“Ok, okay so how come they can’t hear us?” she questioned.

“The doors, when closed, are soundproof,” I said, glad to be telling her the truth. “We can’t exactly work in the facility while we hear sounds coming from the training room,” I laughed and she seemed satisfied.

“Okay, now that the interrogation is done, can we continue?” I chuckled.

“Yeah okay, I think we should start,” she giggled and the rest of the night was spent training. By the time the Sun was rising, Elsa knew how to fire a gun. “Good work, initiate,” I saluted her and we laughed.

Elsa yawned and I forgot that she needed sleep. Being immortal, I didn’t need rest but I chose to escape the world sometimes, by lying down and sleeping. I couldn’t say the same about Elsa because there were bags under her eyes and she was still yawning.

“I think the next few days-sorry nights- will be spent devouring coffee,” she sighed and I had to agree. In a few minutes, the other initiates came in and we started the class normally.

***

 Every night from then onwards, Elsa and I trained hard. We learnt a lot about each other. Elsa had a little sister, Anna, who Elsa strived to protect. She learned that I had a little sister too and I told her that she was dead, which was the truth…sort of. Coffee was our best friend and the training room became the place where we lived. Elsa only slept in the breaks between two training sessions, she hardly had any rest but she was determined to do well.

There was one week till the end of the month and Elsa had learnt everything. She was so happy and so was I, she was doing great in all of her training sessions and we were over the Moon.

 “You’ve done great,” I told her proudly.

“What can I say, I had a great trainer,” she said, unable to hide her happiness. “Um, hey, listen, there’s a dance coming up, the Winter Ball,” I started to say and Elsa’s face broke into a teasing grin.

“So…I was thinking…” I started.

“Yes,” she stared at me innocently.

“I was-uh-wondering if you and I…”

Elsa was sniggering at my discomfort.

“This isn’t an easy thing to do, you know,” I frowned and she chuckled.

“Be serious,” I tried to say but she was doubling over, laughing and I joined in.

“So let me get this straight, you’re asking me out on a date?” Elsa teased.

“Yeah,” I answered, ducking my head and staring at the ground.

Unexpectedly, Elsa became gentle and made me look her in the eye. “Of course I’d go with you,” she smiled that beautiful smile and relief washed over me.

“So when is it?” She asked.

“It’s in two days,” I replied and she kissed my cheek and started to leave.

“See you then,” she called, before leaving me there, stunned.

She

Just

Kissed

Me.

And even though it was a kiss on the cheek, I was still feeling more happy than I had ever been before.

***

Haha Jelsa moments :3 Did you like this chapter? Leave a vote and a comment and maybe share this on the internet with your friends? :) :3 <3 you all