Chapter 33: Popcorn Thoughts (Edited)

This chapter is dedicated to @iggymyfriend  for the hype, positive vibes, and love she's given to the comment section.

"I swear these songs are the bomb," Hayley squealed.

"I know right?" Dave exclaimed in agreement. "I'd listen to Let it Go over Drake any day."

"Bro, you can't be serious," Dylan replied. "You're taking it too far."

"Shh!" Hayley chucked a pillow at Dylan. "Just shut up and watch the movie."

Hayley picked the movie in behalf of all of us and decided to watch Frozen. There was no fighting her.

The deal was, we all get to pick a movie to watch. Obviously, Hayley picked Frozen. Dylan picked John Wick and Dave picked A Walk to Remember. Chase and I decided to just watch whatever they picked.

After all, we weren't paying that much attention anyways. Chase was too busy playing with my hair which kept me a little flustered and preoccupied. 

The credits began to roll. Dylan snatched the remote from the table before Dave could have the chance to.

"We are not watching some cheesy teen drama after a Disney movie," Dylan deadpaned.

Before the movie could start, I stood up from the couch and grabbed the empty bowl of popcorn.

Chase tugged at the hem of my shirt.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To get some more popcorn," I replied. "Wanna come with?"

"Sure, princess. I know how attached you are to me." Chase stood up from the couch.

Taking the bowl from my hand, he snuck a quick kiss on my forehead and went ahead to the kitchen.

Hayley cleared her throat.

"We don't need any PDA, you guys. We're gonna watch a freaking teen drama," she whined.

"Aw come on Hales, they're cute," Dave chuckled. "You're just jealous you don't get spontaneous forehead kisses."

Dave turned to Dylan and cleared his throat a little bit more obvious than needed.

Dylan blushed and looked away.

Laughing, I left the three in awkward silence and went to the kitchen.

Chase was leaning against the kitchen island, watching the bag of popcorn cooking in the microwave.

He looked serious, deep in thought. It seemed like he was staring at the popcorn but not even seeing it.

I walked over to him and snuggled to his side.

His body relaxed and his arm wrapped instinctively around my body, pulling me into a hug against his chest.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hey, princess."

"What are you thinking about?"

"You," Chased smirked. "You should know by now that I always think about you."

Can I just say swoon? This guy has me wrapped me around his finger and it's just my luck that he knows it all too well.

Although I'm not too sure if he knows I've got him wrapped around my finger as well.

Chase rested his chin on my head and moved his arms lower, resting them just above my bum.

"What about me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know, the usual." Chase shrugged.

"Oh, so there's a usual?"

"Yep." Turning us around, he hoisted me up onto the counter and placed his hands on both my sides.

"I think about how your hair smells like vanilla and how it easily became my newest addiction."

He kissed me lightly on the sensitive spot behind my ear, trailing slow kisses down my neck.

I fought to keep any embarassing sound from escaping my quivering lips.

"I think about how effortlessly sexy you look. Baby, you don't even have to try."

He squeezed my sides gently. His hands then traveled down to caress my thighs. My skin burned with every brush of his finger.

His forehead rested against mine as he stared deep into my eyes. He looked serious and his shoulders were tense. His voice lowered into deep whispers - which easily became my new favorite sound.

"I think about your mesmerizing eyes and how they always light up when you see me. I think about your cute cheeks and how they tinge a slight pink when I compliment you or check you out."

His hand went up to cup my cheeks. His thumb slightly brushed against my lips, sending bolts of electricity all over my body.

"But most of all, I think about your soft, plump lips and how your smile drives me crazy it makes me wanna kiss you all the damn time."

I couldn't contain the small smile that escaped my lips.

"You were thinking of all that while making popcorn?" I asked.

"Yep." Chase winked, stepping away from the counter.

He opened the microwave and took the bag of popcorn, pouring it into the big bowl.

"I might even need a cold shower after the movie. You get me all worked up."