Chapter 6: Illegal Possession of Every Perfect Facial Feature (Edited)

I put on the black hoodie and I tied around my waist, still peeking through the sliding doors. Although it was relatively dark, I could still make out a messy desk. His books were stacked, but not aligned. There were pieces of crumpled paper discarded on the floor. Clothes were piled in a hamper and posters of Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance on the walls above his desk. An image of Chase's Nirvana band shirt - no traces of tomato sauce in it, appeared in my mind.

Yep. Definitely Chase's room.

I tested the sliding doors, and found out that they weren't locked. I released a breath I didn't even notice I was holding in as I slowly slid the doors to the side, hoping that they wouldn't make a sound.

Stupid Jerk doesn't even know to lock his doors before sleeping at night. Lucky me.

I successfully made it inside his room as I turned around to make sure that I left the door a little bit open. I needed a quick escape route. Just in case he woke up and noticed, I pulled the curtains to cover the small opening. Once inside, I put on my hood to somewhat hide my face.

I stood still against the sliding doors as I looked around his room, figuring out where to look for his skateboard first. I decided to look under his bed and near his bedroom door before looking in his closet and under his desk. All of which were unsuccessful.

Please tell me he doesn't keep his skateboard in his garage or worse, his underwear drawers.

What? Seriously Alex, get a hold of yourself. His skateboard wouldn't even fit in there!

Just as I was about to give up my search, a hanging figure on Chase's headboard caught my attention. His precious skateboard was peacefully resting on his above his bed.

Smirking victoriously, I quietly tiptoed my way towards his bed. Reaching the side of his bed, I positioned myself a few inches away from his head that was nearly at the edge of his bed. I carefully reached out my arm, trying to grab the skateboard by the end of the deck. Once my hand made firm contact with it, I pulled slowly, careful not to drop it on Chase's head.

After a couple of nerve-racking seconds, the skateboard was finally in my arms, safe and sound. I sighed to my relief before glancing at Chase's sleeping figure, making sure I didn't wake him.

I'm stealing his skateboard. What harm would stealing a glance be?

His eyes were sealed shut, emphasizing his perfect, long lashes. Strands of his messy hair effortlessly fell on his forehead as he let out the softest, light snores. His nose and lips twitched slightly every once in a while.

How can a guy like him have every single physical trait about him breath-taking? This should be crime. I'd personally label it as: illegal possession of every perfect facial feature.

For a moment, I just stood there, staring at Chase's sleeping figure. I was being a creep, but I didn't care.

Just as I was about to turn and leave, Chase's head suddenly shifted away from my view as his hands made their way up to scratch his forehead. He let out a groan, alerting every nerve in my body.

He's going to wake up, Alex and when he does, you're as good as dead. You would've done all this for nothing.

My hands were trembling and I struggled to move. I peeked behind my shoulder at the sliding door, still slightly covered by the curtains. I heard sounds of shuffling blankets and my heart began to beat a million times faster.

I glanced back at Chase on his bed, his arms and legs sprawled out everywhere. For a split second, I let out an amused giggle, which made matters worse for me. Chase shifted his position on his bed, his body now facing me. His eyelids showed the slightest movement of fluttering open. I wouldn't even dare breathe now.

His closed eyes were the last thing I remember seeing before I dashed out the sliding doors as quietly as I could. I quickly pulled the doors to the side shut and leaned against the wall beside it. With one hand grasping the skateboard behind my legs and the other flat against the wall, I waited for the slightest evidence of movement in the room.

No footsteps, no shuffling of blankets, no groaning, and no opening of doors. The coast was clear.

I sighed in relief and placed the skateboard on the balcony floor. I reached behind my back pocket to fish my phone out and find out what time it was. My hand went deeper and deeper but, I still hadn't felt the hard, flat surface of my phone. I checked my other back pocket and the ones in front. Nothing.

Shoot! I dropped my phone in his room!

Nervously, I peeked through the glass of the sliding doors, anxiously searching for my phone. My eyes stopped searching when they landed on a thin, rectangular figure resembling a phone, on Chase's desk. The shinning rose gold metal of my phone grip indicated that the phone was indeed mine.

Taking in a deep breath, I left the skateboard behind and tip-toed back inside Chase's room. I walked slowly, not sparing glances at Chase all the way. I grabbed my phone swiftly from the desk, but not without any accidents.

My phone, somehow, slipped through my fingers and fell to the floor with a loud PLOP! It took almost everything in me not to let out a squeak. I guess you could call it a reflex when my head snapped around to check on Chase.

I know. I can be clumsy sometimes.

Sure enough, he was far from sound asleep. Well, not really. He was asleep although, he started tossing and turning around his bed more. A series of groans broke the series of sharp breath intakes I took.

In a state of panic, I picked my phone up from the floor and tucked it in my back pocket. I tip-toed towards the sliding doors, but not without tripping.

Yes, again, I know. Clumsy.

Before I could dread hearing and seeing Chase wake up, I hid behind the curtains and held my breath. Good thing they were floor-length too so he wouldn't see my shoes unless he really looked. The sound of covers being shoved away created a lump in my throat. Seconds later, I heard footsteps.

There are only two things I can say about my chosen hiding place. One - I know I could've chosen a better hiding place but, I had no time to. Two - it's really dusty here and I have a horrible history of sneeze attacks. I blame it on the pollen and dust allergies. This curtain reeks of dust.

I could feel the build up of a potential loud sneeze in my nose. I was about to sneeze. I can't sneeze. I'm gonna sneeze. Don't sneeze.

I sneezed. Game over.