Chapter 16: Dress Shopping (Edited)

The sound of hangers clicking against each other were starting to annoy me. Hayley and I have gone in each store in each floor, leaving empty handed all the time. We were on the last floor of the mall, trying our luck in the department store.

I just couldn't make up my mind on what dress to wear. The dresses Hayley picked out for me were either too plain or too much. I hated glitters, beads, and sparkles because they made me itch all over.  Most of the dresses we saw had all sorts bedazzles, so Hayley a hard time in choosing a dress for me.

I was sitting on a round couch waiting for Hayley to emerge from the changing room and show me her next dress. She had brought ten dresses in, but none of them were the "perfect one". We were currently on dress number eight and I seriously hoped that this would be the one.

Coming out from the changing room, Hayley spun around for me and modelled the beautiful dress she was wearing. It was a peach, halter-pleated maxi dress. It hung loosely on her chest perfectly, then cinched on the waist. It flowed dreamily down to the floor, covering her feet. It didn't have any sparkles and beads. Instead, its pure simplicity boasted elegance. 

"How do I look?" Hayley asked

"How do I look?" Hayley asked. She was playing with the fabric of her dress as she danced in front of the mirror.

"This is the one," I replied, smiling. "I think we've found your perfect dress."

"I think so too," Hayley replied, spinning to face me. "I feel like a modern-day Sleeping Beauty. I'm so buying this. I'll go and change back into my own clothes then we'll keep looking for your perfect dress."

Grinning widely, Hayley disappeared into the dressing room as the curtains were pulled aside close. After waiting for a couple of minutes, she came out with her dress hanging from her arm.

"Shall we?" Hayley asked, nodding towards the hundreds of racks behind us.

Sighing, I stood up from the couch. "Are you sure you still want to find me a dress?" I asked. "You know me. It'll take us years to find a dress for me."

Hayley plopped down on the couch beside me, giggling. After calming down a little, she placed her dress beside her as she stood up from the couch. "You know, I think I've found the perfect dress for you."

"What do you mean?" I asked as my eyes followed where Hayley was walking towards.

With half of her body hidden by a rack of dresses, she pulled out a short, navy blue dress. Swinging the dress in the air, she said, "What do you think about this one? It's not too plain and it doesn't have glitters too. Oh, and would you look at that. I doesn't have a long train that people would probably step on. Added bonus!"

I tilted my head slightly to the side to think. The dress was really cute. Besides it being short and navy blue, it had other interesting details to it. The long sleeves were made of lace, running up to my shoulders and chest. It opened up in the center of the chest area, showing minimal cleavage. There was a matching round opening at the back as well. I imagined the dress to hug my chest perfectly and the rest of it to slightly poof when I wore it.