[7]

Four Weeks Later

I'm sitting in a room alone with Kol. Klaus is making him keep an eye on me. Married life hadn't been the best, it'd be better if I actually loved Klaus but I don't. He's good to me sometimes but not enough. Not after everything I know he has done.

"I feel like shit," I say as Kol grabs a phone, "my head is pounding, my feet ache, I feel like I'm going to throw up, and I feel dizzy."

"Ok, so according to WebMD," he says, I'm very disappointed right then and there, "you have cancer and are dying."

"Kol, I'm pregnant, that's the problem."

"It says that's a possibility too," Kol says, "Elijah, she's dying, if Klaus comes back, tell him we're at the doctor," he says grabbing my arm and pulling me out the door.

"Those websites are fake."

He won't listen to reason. He runs me to the ER. We get in and I explain what's going on to the doctor, Kol insists the doctor makes sure everything is fine.

While in the ER I just felt strange so I used to the bathroom and found actual blood running down my legs! I told the nurse and she helped me change and I could see the concern on Kol's face...

I knew what could be happening and I was terrified of it being true.

After a while, the doctor came back in... He looked upset.

"I hate to inform you but you lost your baby, you had a miscarriage. I want you in bed rest until the bleeding and pain stop," the doctor tells me.

The words that came out of the doctor's mouth next destroy me. It can't be true.

Thirty Minutes Later

Kol still won't let me leave the bed, he seriously took the doctor's words to heart, but my brain just kept racing. The idea of losing this life inside of me killed me. It hurt so much.

"I don't care what the doctor said," I say wanting to do anything else but lay here and think about it as Klaus walks into the room.

"What doctor?" Klaus asks. My heart is racing. What am I going to tell him?

"Kol can you give us some privacy?" I ask, Kol hesitantly walks away.

I sit up on the bed and pull Klaus next to me.

"I need to tell you something," I say quietly, "and you can't overreact." I pause, scared, "I lost the baby."

Klaus's face looked hurt. He starts crying and throwing things. I grab his arm and pull him to face me.

"Nikklaus, it'll be ok," I say sweetly trying to hold myself together as well as him, "you still have me."

Klaus just pushes me down onto the bed. Veins grow around his eyes and his fangs come out. I think he's going bite me.

"Elijah! Kol! Rebekah!" I scream as all three pull him off.

Elijah grabs me and takes me to another room. I just hug him. I am so scared right now and all I really need is someone caring. That someone is Elijah.

I look up at Elijah's face. He looked concerned. I want to just forget about this, all of it. Elijah looking at me and my emotions are all over the place. Half of me is scared of Klaus while the other half is feeling lustful for Elijah.

I can't help myself, I lean up and kiss Elijah. He just wraps his arm around me and pulls me into his chest.

"Calm down, Addison," he whispered, "all of this isn't good for you..."