Chapter 30: Back Home

Harry flung Lars across the room and he ended up crashing against the couch, making it bounce against the wall. He laid there with a groan as Harry kept his eyes on him. I stared at Harry in shock, and sensing Zayn was as well, I looked over at him. He had the same look of pure fear that mirrored my own expression.

I backed up further against the wall as Lars started moving. I wanted to just hug Harry's tense and stiff body and never let go, but from his recent actions, you could say that notion was scared off.

A stampede or urgent footsteps and a door slamming open made me turn around to see a girl run from the end of the hall pass me, and Louis followed behind her, but stopped beside me when he got a look of the scene before us.

"NO! Niall!" SHe screeched and sprinted towards his alive but barely concious body. It melted my heart to see her whimper and hold his still fluffy blond head in her hands and on her knees. She pressed her head against his and held him there, mumbling amongst themselves.

My attention turned back to Lars when his figure managed to stand itself up on two feet.

"Yeah..I was right.." Lars chuckled evilly as he cracked his neck with a sudden tilt of his head,"You're just about as strong as he was..too bad I was stronger.."

Harry let out a loud and animlastic growl, and suddenly he started shifting. Lars did too, first his eyes turned blood red and glowed, then he shrunk down to all fours as fur replaced his clothes, and tails fluffed up from their bottoms.

I swallowed stiffly and looked over to Niall's girlfriend who was a frightened mess, but seemed to stay strong, and kept herself in front of Niall the whole time. I could've sworn I saw half way conscious Niall crack a smile.

Harry and Lars were now fully shifted, and the heat spread throughout the whole house. It was as if they were the only ones here, no one else mattered. The image of them facing each other and standing tensely and ready to pounce on the other reminded me of nature shows, showing wolves fighting for dominance.

"Just come back with us Harry...you don't need this. You don't need these filthy humans.."

"Hey!" Louis shouted.

I shoved him, and the same time I did, Harry took a bite in Lars' direction. Lars dodged it and started walking circles around Harry. His head turned and accomadated for him to look at Lars wherever he slipped over to. He was stalking him, like Harry was his pray, yet he claimed to not kill him.

"Harry.." I let out a soft whisper that made his ears twitch. His beautifully scary yellow eyes glanced my direction, and the memory of him sitting all alone in the rain on my porch flooded my head. It hurt soon after.

"Tell me why I should. Tell me why I should come back to that hell hole with you Lars! I have no place there!"

Lars snarled and pounced at Harry, but he dodged it. Lars licked his lips and growled at him,"You have no place here either!! You have a home in the forest! A position that you need to fill!"

"But why?!"

Lars threw his head back and howled as loud as he could. I winced and placed my hands over my ears. The sound was eerily soothing, but it was fearful and dangerous. The low and long tone made some of the pictures on the wall quiver, and a nearby controller to a console fell over.

"YOU LISTEN TO ME YOU LITTLE BRAT YOU ARE COMING BACK WITH US LIKE IT OR NOT!"

"Harry look out!!" I yelled. I had anticipated it.. I saw his teeth curl out from his lips and then the oppurtunity. I don't really know why i did it, I'm sure Harry could've dodged it, but perhaps it was the doubt and worry that he wouldn't. I couldn't stand to see him hurt. I did care about him that much.