Chapter 9: High Roller

Zayn dropped his finished cigarette onto the black tar, and crushed it into the ground with the tip of his boot. He let out the drag he was holding in, loving the feeling of the chemicals flowing into his lungs, and turned to look past his shoulder. "I'll be right back Lou.."

"Good luck.." The man leaning beside him in the car snickered, smoking a cigarette as well.

Zayn smiled in humor, knowing he was going to need that luck if he was going to get anything out of this. He looked up at the sign in the front of the building. In bright pink neon lights it read: Girls XX. Zayn looked down onto the rise of concrete sidewalk after he crossed the road to her here. The loud bass from within could be heard a few feet from the door and shook Zayn a little bit.

He sighed before pushing the door open with his shoulder. Adjusting the collar on his leather jacket he proceeded to walk inside.

The place was nearly dark, but had lights focused on the tables for the staff, and dimmed lights around on the walls. The music that played was deep and had a beat to it, almost wanting to make Zayn melodically move his hips around. But he couldn't dance.

Girls often locked eyes with him, eyeing him like he was a piece of meat with money, which Zayn figured they would go after in a heartbeat. When he passed by the mini bar one girl stood in front of him, her hand on her hip. Her voice was as smooth as butter on a hot plate. "Hey Bad Boy..mind if I take you back?"

Zayn looked down at her leopard print bra and matching underwear with stockings on her long legs and heels on her feet. She smelled like peaches, and her body looked like it was wet, but he figured it was the body oil that made the girls' muscles and skin look more pronounced and flashy. But he wasn't phased.

He looked back up to meet her eyes that were covered in makeup,"Sorry sweetheart.." He shrugged apologetically and continued to walk, making the girl feel disgusted and turn her nose up and leave. Zayn avoided looking at the girls as much as he could, almost stumbling into a group of guys that were surrounding the bar to watch one of the girls serve up a drink. Zayn sighed, this better have been worth his trip out here.

He stopped at the end of the room, locking eyes with a well built guard that stood next to a curtain; the room he needed to get to.

"Mr. Payne please?" Zayn asked nicely, his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Who's asking?" The bodyguard gruffly questioned.

Zayn was about to answer when he heard a deep chuckle and a high giggle from behind the curtain. He jumped back when a girl ran out from it, and a man running after her. He stopped and just shook his head, staring off at her. "I'll get to her one of these days..."

"Liam?" Zayn said impatiently, crossing his arms as he looked at the man in a nice suit and tie.

The man with a chiseled chin decorated with stubble, a glint in his eyes and a happy expression on his face-Liam-grinned at Zayn. "Zayn Malik! Long time no see!" He pulled Zayn in for a hug and Zayn agreed to it after rolling his eyes. He couldn't help but smile though at seeing his old friend.

He clasped his back, not caring if he damaged the monkey suit. "Yeah...it's been awhile.."

Liam pulled away from him before saying with a smile. "I'll say! How've you been? Wait! Don't tell me! I mean do tell me! Come on back here mate..." He jerked his head at the curtain and tapped Zayns arm to get him to follow. Glancing the "Private Room" sign, Zayn followed his friend and went in.

If Zayn was epileptic at all, he would have a stroke right then and there. Strobe lights flashed on and off in the small room, and after, long streaks of pink and all sorts of bright colors shined all around. Whoever programmed the lights in here must've been high, Zayn thought.