Chapter 12: I Just Don't Know

Harry's POV:

I wasn't sure where I was headed, hell, I shouldn't even have been outside. I knew Lars and Zayn good enough to know they would no doubt be looking for me soon. I knew Zayn really well, so I knew he was already searching for me.

Benny kept popping up in my mind. I couldn't stop it either. What the hell was wrong with me? I barely knew the girl, she had the courtesy to let a werewolf, not even her own species, into her home, she even bought me clothes, and I fucked up and tried to kiss her?!

"Nice one Styles..." I hissed and ran a hand roughly through my hair again, messing it up more. I didn't care, I was out walking God knows where on the sidewalk. I looked up to see town right in front of me; I saw the bar, and the motel across from it. I had walked to far. Zayn and Lars would've checked there first, I turned left on the road to walk into the back streets of town.

Which probably wasn't much of a better place to be than the strip club.

The alleys were quiet, thankfully, allowing me to think.

Why hadn't I told her why I really ran away? Why hadn't I told her that I found out Lars actually killed my parents all those years ago? Why, why, didnt I tell her I was supposed to be Alpha, and I could be risking the whole town's life by running away?

I yelled out from no where and punched the brick wall in front of me, wincing in pain as I felt my knuckles bleed.

"Fuck..." I gritted my teeth and watched the skin tear and bleed red.

"This is all your damn fault Lars...all of your damn fault you here me?!" I shouted into the dead end I was now caught in, my voice echoing onto the enclosed walls.

I watched her from the sidewalk, looking like an innocent bystander. I smelled rain ahead, and I knew I needed to find cover fast before anyone knew I had gone. Her hair was golden, and reminded me of pale honey or the color of sand, and the way she bit her lip before she'd laugh made my knees tremble, but I never even knew her. I decided to take my chances, and see if her heart was as pure as her face.

I whined and knelt down, shielding my fist in my chest from the pain. Maybe I was tired of being alone. Maybe I was tired of being alone in the world, tired of having no one to turn to and comfort me. I had snapped and rushed to the chance with Benny. I barely knew the poor girl. After hearing that Lars had killed my parents, I don't think I truly knew anyone.

I let tears fall down my cheeks as I stood up again, sticking to the back alleys as I fought my mind.

You need to go back, Lars and Zayn could be right behind you. Benny's probably worried sick.

"Yeah fucking right..." I argued against myself. She had no right to care for me, I was even surprised she let me in her house! And I just tried to kiss her. She shoved me away.

I paused and stopped walking, remembering the harsh shove all too well and almost feeling it all over again. My heart felt the same way it did when she pushed on my chest.

You didn't tell her all of those things because you didn't want her to push you away and call you crazy. You didn't tell her everything because you weren't expecting to grow feelings for her.

Feelings were funny sometimes. She was a stranger, and I, a stranger one. Yet, somehow I felt comfortable enough to get comfortable with her. She obviously didnt feel the same.

No, don't blame her, blame yourself. You did this, all of this. You made yourself unhappy. You are the one who tried to kiss her. You are the one who ran away from responsibility.

I laughed harshly, this was all way too dramatic for me it seemed unreal. But it was real, all of it.

I really wanted to see Benny's smile again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are we at the right place?" Louis inquired. Zayn nodded and jumped out of the car, holding his hand out for the keys. As Louis threw them and Zayn caught them he said. "Yeah, it is..he should be here." Louis looked in question at the small and grunged up building.

"A tattoo parlor?"

"This is the guy that did me and Harrys tattoos...he's an old friend of ours." Zayn said.

"I'm not sure if I want to meet any more of your "old friends" Louis reasoned as they walked through the doors.

Zayn broke into a lopsided smile when he saw a man leaned over, tattoo needle in hand and drawing gently over a mans arm. He wore a beat uo and ripped flannel shirt with no sleeves, with jeans to match and boots on his feet. Tattoos were displayed all over his arms, and his hair was dyed, and he was surprised it hadn't fallen out yet. "Mikey..."

He turned around from his work, and his light blue-grey eyes widening as he caught sight of Zayn. "Malik? Is that you?! Come on man take a seat!" He smiled and gestured to the red leathered seats against the wall. Zayn sat down with Louis beside him.

"Great to see you Clifford.." Zayn smirked at his other old friend. The tattoo artist smiled back at him, glancing up from his masterpiece.

"Likewise Malik..so, what made you drop by? Hah...voila!" He took the needle off of the mans arm and smirked, proud of his work.

Zayn glanced it to see had finished up the mans sleeve with Celtic symbols wrapping around him. The man thanked him and walked out, admiring the ink that now displayed. Zayn watched him walk out and Michael walk over to the small register in the corner of the room, typing something on his computer.

"Actually, I was wondering if you've seen Harry recently?" Michael looked up from the screen, biting his lol before returning his gaze to it.

"Harold? No, I haven't seen that bloke since we shook down that place..I'd like to rematch him in that drinking game though..."

Although Zayn was disappointed again, he smirked. "Says the man whose last name is a gentle red giant of a dog.."

Michael cracked a smile and rolled his eyes, sitting down in his chair now. "Have you asked Payne?"

"I did, he hasn't heard from him either." Zayn said, crossing his arms and taking a quick look around of the place.

"We'll damn. Sorry Zayn, I'll hit you up if I do hear of him though. H-" Michael was cut off by a noise that came from his laptop. He unlocked it and looked at it, his eyes moving from left and right to read. Zayn heard mumbling, but didnt hear anything clear.

"Mikey?"

Michael cupped his chin, biting his lip. "Hmm...one of my dealers just emailed me he saw a random guy in the back alleys where he does his work. He was strange looking...and really upset."

Zayn was shooting blindfolded, but he took the chance, sitting forward. "Brown hair, tall as a giant?"

Michael skimmed through the message again. "He didnt say anything about that. He did say he saw his knuckles all cut and bloody though. That doesn't help I'm guessing..."

"Hmm..." Zayn sat back again, losing the grip he almost had on Harry.

"Wait, he did hear him say something...something about..a..Lars?"

Zayns eyes went as wide as the moon. He shot straight up and patted Louis shoulder, on his way to the door. "What back alleys?"

Michael looked confused at Zayn, unaware what was going on. "South of here, old part of town...I can give you his num-"

"C'mon Louis we have to go!" Zayn ordered, and Louis obeyed and walked out with him. Michael shook his head and yelled. "

Good to see you too Zayn! Jeez..." He sighed heavily, watching as Zayn sped out of his parking lot.