Chapter 14: Green Eyed Puppy

"What the fuck do you mean we lost him Louis?!"

"I mean what I said Zayn! He's gone!"

Louis groaned loudly before raising his arms off the steering wheel in defeat. Zayns car was parked right in town, where they last saw Harry run.

"He was just right fucking here.."

Louis rolled his bright blue eyes to the sky as Zayn threw a fit beside him.

"Damn it Styles!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bennys POV:

"Don't tear up my couch please..." I breathed out when he laid himself down for the night on my favorite piece of furniture in my house besides my bed and the fridge.

Relieved Harry felt better, I still rolled my eyes when he smirked at me. "I won't Benny...promise.." I nodded with a small smile and took my first step on the stairs before he stopped me again.

"..Benny?"

I turned to see Harry, who's cheek I kissed not too long ago, looking right at me. His eyes were still red, but they werent as hurt as before, which made my heart rest easier now. It hurt to see him like that. He was like an abandoned little puppy that had been through tons of homes and was kicked out again and again. Oddly enough, I thought maybe that really did happen. Maybe Harry had been running his entire life just to find a home. Maybe all Harry was was just a tired, broken hearted little puppy. The metaphor fit him almost perfectly.

I smiled at him, making him return the gesture. "Thank you. Again. For letting me stay here with you..." His hair was a mess, and what a gorgeous mess it was. It was all tousled to the side, but I was sure he'd get up and use my shower and take longer in there doing his hair than I did. His smile was tired, but truthful.

"Think nothing of it Harry. You're welcome to stay as long as you want..." I said with the image of a poor little wolf puppy curled up outside of a doorstep of a home that didnt want him. I wasn't having sweet dreams that night. Harry nodded and flashed me a lazy smile before I saw his curly head fall down onto the couch away from my field of vision.

"Good night Benny.." I heard him mumble in a different, lower and tired sounding tone I've never heard before. It was the raspy, deep and slow tone in his voice that made me shiver.

I turned back around on the stairs to say back to him. "Good night Harry.."

I heard a breath from him, knowing he was smiling, and smiled myself, trudging up the stairs to gets good nights sleep before working tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Turn it offff..." I groaned into my pillow before realizing I was alone.

"Ugghhhhh..." I leaned over, which felt like ages, before I shut off the infernal contraption that went:

Beeeep!

Beeeep!

Beeeep!

Over and over in a high pitched tone and ordered me to get up. The nerve of some machines. "Damn clock..." I muttered as I fumbled for the off button. I finally found peace and bliss in the beautiful silence, but now was not the time to enjoy it. As sweet as more precious sleep sounded now, I had to work, and if I laid back down after shutting off my alarm, I would sleep in and get fired. Win-lose. Not good for me.

After dragging myself out of bed, fixing up myself in the bathroom and getting dressed in my yellow shirt and yellow skirt uniform with a white apron, I was headed downstairs. My stomach sounded like a hormonal baby bear, and I hope I didn't wake Harry up. Were werewolves light sleepers since they were alert all the time? Are the heavy sleepers? I still had so many questions for him. And I still didnt know the right time to ask him. Maybe I'd ask him when I got home. Yeah..