Chapter 28: Interference

The air around us was stiff, and a bit heavy as I carried Benny in my arms. She remained silent, surprisingly, her body still clinging to my own as I made my way back and followed how we came here by memory. I felt a small shiver run through me, and like it was a weird side-effect of a drug, I saw the same ghost like figures hovering in front of us. In a blink, they vanished.

It wasn't until I slowly crossed the small creek and shook my head, when Benny's tiny voice vibrated against my chest. "..why did you bring me here Harry?"

I didn't look down at her. She had her face buried in my chest anyway. When I cleared my throat to speak I felt her hands clench around the fabric of my shirt that must've been comforting to her. "I wanted to show you..who I was..or am. It was an ancient place of old times..before humans roamed around it. Spirits of the dead slip out of the beyond, and let themselves be seen. They're merely spirits though..their bodies are gone...but their emotional wisps and minds are very much alive.."

I paused for a minute, my muscles tensing up with each step I took down the steep hill to keep my balance and friction against the dirt. I wet my lips,"I just thought you'd think it was cool.."

"It was amazing Harry..I've never seen anthing like it..ever.." She mumbled and edged her head closer to my jaw. I felt her lips skin the bone and I had to bite my lip to stop the involuntary shiver.

She didn't see them then. Good. I didn't want to be with my parents that soon from dying of embarrassment thanks to them. Maybe that was their goal.

"I'm glad.." I said simply. Benny chuckled softly against my skin and pressed another kiss to my chin. I had to sigh happily at the warm sensation. The tingles i got from her touch was almost enough to wash away my sorrows. Not to be moody and dramatic but, maybe that was why I was emotionally attracted to her? I mean I was physically attracted to her of course, I mean look at her.

It's just that she made me feel...safe. I felt at least a tiny bit happier when I was around her. The thing that drove me mad though was why though. I'd been with plenty of other girls, far too many, and I felt so damn cliche thinking that the freckled girl I was carrying in my arms was the only girl I think I had feelings for. I don't fucking know anymore. I just don't. It hurts to think about it.

One thing I did know for sure, and would surely stick through my mind, was that would do anything to keep Benny safe. I owed her too much. I also cared for her too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall's POV:

"Mmmmm baby come on Harry and his girlfriend are gone..why not round 2?" I whined into her shoulder as I hugged her from behind.

She sighed heavily as she was washing dishes. Hehe, not doing a very good job of it thanks to me. "Niall.." She warned, but I pressed a long and wet kiss right to the sensitive spot on her neck; the spot I knew that could make her knees tremble like a bumblebee's bum.

"The counter looks mighty nice huh?" I whispered right in her ear, watching with half-lidded eyes as she slowly let the glass dish slip from her fingers and into the warm soapy water. She stood silent and I smirked, knowing I had her hooked now.

"Oh darling, I asked you a question.." I lowered my voice and moved my hands to her hips, twisting her around so I could see those big and beautiful eyes that were staring at me with sexy innocence and forming lust. I licked my lips, as did she, and touched her chin with my index finger.

She gulped down slowly, her eyes becoming heavier, roaming my whole figure. I could basically feel them touch me, wishing they were her own fingers. I growled and pushed her far against the counter, our lips crashing into each other sloppily, but I fixed that. I kissed her now open mouth, all for me, firmly and grabbed both of her wrists, holding them behind her waist before pushing her more against the counter. She let out the cutest little moan. It made me chuckle and look her in the eye, getting more turned on as she struggled and pushed on my hands with her wrists.